Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "PSST, It's your stag"....

He's got some neck

Doctors have removed a tumour weighing almost a stone from the face of a Slovakian man. In 2004, Stefan Zoleik developed Madelung disease, causing fat tumours to grow on his face.

Comment

...that's a weight off his mind...

Comment

a bum deal
        Attached Files

Comment

What a great coffee table that would make
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

F.ckin ell! Benders and the flesh on the inside of the thigh just above the stocking top fondly called the "chuckle". Might av ta gu fer a wank!

Comment

On behalf of Channel 4 may I thank you for the application you have provided for your wife to appear on our forthcoming 'Reality Show' and also for the charming photograph you enclosed with the application letter.

Whilst agreeing that she would no doubt make a worthy contribution to the programme if selected, I would take this opportunity to advise you that the correct title of the new series is actually "Fact Hunt".

Kind regards

Channel 4

Comment

KIN BRILL!

Comment

evening all
                  Attached Files

Comment

A beef Jubbly.
                    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                    Me

Comment

That's Rude........................................but I liked it !!

Comment

To think that I spent the best years of me life trying to fill that "HUGE" orifice,fondly known as "The Growler". No wonder me backs f.cked,but at least I did enjoy mesen trying!

Comment

Dave mate.....It is THE most expensive four inches in the history of man. It has caused invasions and wars. It has toppled Serfs Thanes Emperors and Kings. It is an equal opportunity, destroyer of men.
                          As Robin Williams said "I spent the first hours of my life trying to claw my way out of it....and the rest of my life trying to get back in".

signed John Profumo.

The Profumo Affair

Main article: Profumo Affair
                          In July 1961, at a party at Cliveden, home of Viscount Astor, Profumo met Christine Keeler, a model with whom he began a sexual relationship. Profumo ended it after only a few weeks but rumours about the affair began to circulate. Since Keeler also had sexual relations with Yevgeni Ivanov, the senior naval attaché at the Soviet Embassy, the Profumo Affair took on a national security dimension.
                          In December 1962, a shooting incident in London involving two other men who were involved with Keeler led the press to investigate Ms Keeler, and reporters soon learned of her affairs with Profumo and Ivanov. But the British tradition of respecting the private lives of British politicians, for fear of libel actions, was maintained until March 1963, when the Labour MP George Wigg, claiming to be motivated by the national security aspects of the case, taking advantage of Parliamentary privilege, which gave him immunity from any possible legal action, referred in the House of Commons to the rumours linking Profumo with Keeler. Profumo then made a personal statement in which he admitted he knew Keeler but denied there was any "impropriety" in their relationship and threatened to sue if newspapers asserted otherwise.[9]
                          Profumo's statement did not prevent newspapers publishing stories about Keeler, and it soon became apparent to Macmillan that his position was untenable. On 5 June 1963, Profumo was forced to admit that he had lied to the House, an unforgivable offence in British politics. He resigned from office, from the House and from the Privy Council.[10] Before making his public confession Profumo confessed the affair to his wife, who stood by him. It was never shown that his relationship with Keeler had led to any breach of national security.[11] The scandal rocked the Conservative government, and was generally held to have been among the causes of its defeat by Labour at the 1964 election. Macmillan had already gone by then, having resigned in October 1963 to be succeeded by Alec Douglas-Home.
                          The Conservative Party had, however, been suffering a decline in popularity for some time before the Profumo Affair, which could be traced back to the failed application to join the European common market and the Night of the Long Knives in July 1962, which had seen Macmillan dismiss seven members of his cabinet in an attempt to restore the government's popularity. Macmillan's style of politics and that of Douglas-Home had also been regarded as old-fashioned in comparison with that of Labour's Harold Wilson, who became leader of the opposition in early 1963 following the sudden death of Hugh Gaitskell.[12]
                          Profumo maintained complete public silence about the matter for the rest of his life, even when the 1989 film Scandal and the publication of Keeler's memoirs revived public interest in the affair.[11][13][14]
                          Profumo is portrayed by Daniel Flynn in Andrew Lloyd Webber's stage musical Stephen Ward the Musical, which opened at the Aldwych Theatre on 19 December 2013.
                          Later life

Shortly after his resignation Profumo began to work as a volunteer cleaning toilets at Toynbee Hall, a charity based in the East End of London, and continued to work there for the rest of his life.[1] Peter Hitchens has written that Profumo "vanished into London's East End for 40 years, doing quiet good works".[15] Profumo "had to be persuaded to lay down his mop and lend a hand running the place", eventually becoming Toynbee Hall's chief fundraiser, and used his political skills and contacts to raise large sums of money. All this work was done as a volunteer, since Profumo was able to live on his inherited wealth. His wife, the actress Valerie Hobson, also devoted herself to charity until her death in 1998. In the eyes of most commentators, Profumo's charity work redeemed his reputation. His friend, social reform campaigner Lord Longford said he "felt more admiration [for Profumo] than [for] all the men I've known in my lifetime".[16]
                          Profumo was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1975, and received the honour at a Buckingham Palace ceremony from Queen Elizabeth II, signalling his return to respectability. In 1995, former Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher invited him to her 70th birthday dinner, where he sat next to the Queen. He appeared only occasionally in public, particularly in his last years when he used a wheelchair. His last appearance was at the memorial service for Sir Edward Heath on 8 November 2005.

I never knew he went cleaning shitters. Most admirable. Steve was in 9 Sqdn then. He could have nipped up to Waterloo and picked his brains
                          Last edited by trubrit2411; 14 June 2014, 15:16.
                          Me

Comment

Remember them days well Tone,had many a youthful J. Arthur looking at pics of Christine "The Feeler" Keeler and Randy Rice Davies!

Comment

I had an uncle who said he lived a few doors away from her and Mandy in West Kensington. Don't think he went tippy toing round there though.
                              He was a shirt lifter.
                              Me

Comment

'On 5 June 1963, Profumo was forced to admit that he had lied to the House, an unforgivable offence in British politics'

...but lying to the British public is perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X