My old profession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My old profession

What did that poor sod do to deserve that then Charlie?
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Something naughty!

Comment

He was involved with the big boys Bob, I believe he was looking after some of the tools of the trade, ie firearms and huge amounts of cash. I remember the arrests of some of the serious villains involved Old Bill using a JCB to break into one of the houses they used, as it had been fortified and strengthened to resist any attempt to break in. They weren't keen for outsiders seeing what was concealed indoors. The JCB did the job though. Makes you wonder what goes on the heads of these guys, but just the other day, there was a drive by outside a church in Euston, which is by anyone's standards, in the middle of London. They were having a memorial service, and were just about to release some white doves, apparently, when someone opened up with a shotgun. It's the doves I feel sorry for.......sounds like a job for the RSPCA. Where did they get the doves from in the first place? What happens to them after they get released in the middle of London, in the middle of winter? ( I also feel sorry for the two children who got shot, of course, and anyone else who wasn't involved with the Columbian cartel who are thought to be involved. All this, in broad daylight. Just your luck if you happen to be walking by at the time!

Comment

This fukkin country! A know over the years wiv become moor n moor Americanised, but revertin back ta Al Capone days in the roarin 20,s iz guin a bit too far. Send fer the "Untouchables!"

Comment

Drug Barons scum of the earth mate neither concience or compassion for anybody but themselves, kill all who may be a threat to them. Bring back the Death Penalty and enforce it!
            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I,d deffo volunteer ta be the executioner Bob, then feed the bodies ta the pigs.

Comment

Read all the replies , very interesting , its still a very demanding and stressful job at times ,people think its easy just sitting on your arse , but it ain't like that , lorry driving is a very undervalued job , the establishment panicked when the poles etc went home , and were spouting there usual empty promises ,about better working conditions with proper overnight parking facilities , that was bad in my day and its a lot worse now . Easier then than now ? Then we had all the joys of roping and sheeting , now the modern lorries nearly drive themselves all mod cons , television ,microwave , automatic gearbox , but but they have today's congested roads , and all the rules and regs .

Comment

Not with my tiny dick ,Stephen

Comment

Avin bin a motorist fer 58 years, wot used ta be an enjoyable experience a fukkin hate it now, just too much trafic n congestion, thy az ta av eyes in the back o thi crust. Worse fer me is Motorway drivin, talk about concentration levels on high alert n az mi mince pies aint wot thi used ta be a find it moor knackerin than a heavy workout. Long gone the days o when drivin down from Sheffield thy ad ta pick the M1 up at Leicester, biggest pain wuz gerrin thru Derby but once on the Motorway, chocks away! Drove up ta Inverness in Summer, but next time, big iron bird from Newcastle!

Comment

Even the 2 mile drive to the village every day is fraught with danger,with cars coming round the first blind bend 2 feet to my side of the road and others waiting till you're 10 yards from the T junction and pulling out straight across your front. Foot has to be permanently hovering over the brake pedal with all the lunatics on the road these days! Now I'm a campervan owner I can take great pleasure in tootling along at 40 with a queue of cars cursing behind me!

Comment

Look in the centre pages of The Sun today Richard,there's a story about a 91 yr old trucker still roping and sheeting away 5 days a week after 70 yrs on the road. No ratchet straps or curtain sides for him! Theres hope for you yet!!

Comment

You hear a lot of crap about elderly drivers,yet the biggest accident rate is 18-25 age group commonly known as the boy racers! You can't put an old head on young shoulders, but they need to get their act together big time.
                          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Problem wi them kunts Bob, it,s usually some other poor fukkers jam jar that the twats av arf inched!

Comment

Worse thing about being an old driver is remembering where you parked the car.

Comment

Pleased you said that Steve, been there done that!
                                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                                X