Aging...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aging...

A Exhibitionist (reminds me of few sessions in the NAAFI bar) ex para who like motorbikes

Still got the ache but am hoping its on the way out

Comment

What’s that all about with a dick for her nose? Ahahah
      Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
      A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
      Until it has destroyed itself from within
      W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
        Seafood is dead dangerous. Bloke just died here with Vibrio. Under cooked seafood or stuff that is cooked but the cooks never washed their hands from handling it raw....or places it on the kitchen counter where it was when it was raw, will get the bacteria down into your stomach. Depending on the bacterial load, stomach bug or flu is nothing more than a battle between the bacteria and your immune system. Once you immune system triggers the alarm you body will kick out the invader as fast as possible. Also known as the shits or spewing. Sometimes both.
        Did some work around Belize many years ago with 22 lads who were under training. Got local rations for flight back to UK, the 22 doc reckoned that some crab in the area carried some form of bug which if eaten could lay eggs in your spleen which could lay dormant for up to 7 years before hatching and basically f***in killing you. Long flight, no eat. F**k that.

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
          Did some work around Belize many years ago with 22 lads who were under training. Got local rations for flight back to UK, the 22 doc reckoned that some crab in the area carried some form of bug which if eaten could lay eggs in your spleen which could lay dormant for up to 7 years before hatching and basically f***in killing you. Long flight, no eat. F**k that.
          Laying dormant for 7 years seems like Malaria. You can die with it or live with it, which shows itself every 7 years.
          My ole dad had it, and suffered around 5 days with Feaver. My ole mum used to tell me to stay out of his way during that time.
          Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
          A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
          Until it has destroyed itself from within
          W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by HappyJack View Post
            Laying dormant for 7 years seems like Malaria. You can die with it or live with it, which shows itself every 7 years.
            My ole dad had it, and suffered around 5 days with Feaver. My ole mum used to tell me to stay out of his way during that time.
            John
            I had a next door neighbour who almost died with Malaria when I was a kid about fourteen. Old Cyril ....well he was young Cyril then, used to go down with it every few years, but one time he almost went ghost. Dunno why. Maybe his immune system at that one time was at a low ebb with the booze, which he used to hit hard every so often.

Guess where he caught it John. In the jungles of Malaya as a National Service man. Same place as your dad... I would imagine there were quite a few of them. All for Queen and Country and the "Empire" The same Empire that came back for more dues, every now and again for the rest of your life. Must have been a bastard waiting for it to hit. Knowing it was coming. Bit of a burden I would say. They treat that with sulphur ?

Looks like it kills nearly 445 000 people a year. and they are just the ones near civilisation that get counted.

Malaria can be serious and sometimes life-threatening. Learn more about the disease and its new vaccine.

Might wanna read some of this stuff if you are contemplating travelling / working in one of these warm places.

1700 cases a year in the warm parts of the States. .... Thats here. Fook me. Australia must be the same.
            Last edited by trubrit2411; 27 February 2019, 12:20.
            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
            Me

Comment

Had a bad week end stomach pains visit the doc stools have been a little liquid. They told me to get a blood test the other is a red flag for us old uns. Over the week end struggled on took some paracetamols found out I felt better so have for last 3 days been drinking a lot of water. Things getting back to normal suffering from this for for a month.

Steve hope your problem gets sorted nothing worse than feeling unwell

Comment

Dave buy an Electrolux mate, they reckon nothing sucks like an Electrolux. And it never gets a headache !
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
                  Had a bad week end stomach pains visit the doc stools have been a little liquid. They told me to get a blood test the other is a red flag for us old uns. Over the week end struggled on took some paracetamols found out I felt better so have for last 3 days been drinking a lot of water. Things getting back to normal suffering from this for for a month.

Steve hope your problem gets sorted nothing worse than feeling unwell
                  Jack that could be a ton of different things. Over abundance of gut bacteria or even not enough. (Too much booze and sugar messes with it..). Have you made any changes to your diet ? Even little ones will do it. Plus the older we get the more wonky our immune systems go and they have little digs at the host. Thats us....
                  Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                    Jack that could be a ton of different things. Over abundance of gut bacteria or even not enough. (Too much booze and sugar messes with it..). Have you made any changes to your diet ? Even little ones will do it. Plus the older we get the more wonky our immune systems go and they have little digs at the host. Thats us....
                    Cut out the chocolate alcohol is down ( for the moment) hardly any cakes, had a lay off from exercising in the new year that is when I started getting the discomfort. Although they said the bug I contracted would not last this long I have my doubts............ back to the drawing board

Comment

Have you tried those probiotic thingies,like Yakult Jack? Supposed to sort out yer gut bacteria!

Comment

Had gut trouble for a few years now. I blame Hong Kong, ate and drank some strange shit over there. Funny how when you are young you can eat and drink anything and it doesn't bother you. seems to catch up later on though.
                        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

While out on the bike I was thinking why me and not the wife had this condition which I had been suffering for over two months on and off. I been eating bacon in that time the first sachet the check out girl said that looks off and changed it. I eat 3 rashes a week so hope this is the cause, we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                            Have you tried those probiotic thingies,like Yakult Jack? Supposed to sort out yer gut bacteria!
                            Pat my BiL is a Virologist and says they don't make any difference, but he can't stop throwing them down his neck.
                            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

[QUOTE=jackw102;225930]While out on the bike I was thinking why me and not the wife had this condition which I had been suffering for over two months on and off. I been eating bacon in that time the first sachet the check out girl said that looks off and changed it. I eat 3 rashes a week so hope this is the cause, we shall see[/QUOT

It would have to be chemical mate. The heat from the frying would kill any germs or bacteria.
                              Me

Comment

keep it in mind Pat also it may be trapped wind even though I have never suffered from that

Comment

Working...
                                X