Just popped in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
    Hi John, just keep fighting and keep your chin up. Val sends her very Best Wishes to you all and wishes you the Best, it,s a pain in the srse this getting old business, I,ve now got cataracts, too much sun over the years I reckon so now paying the price but other than that still as daft as ever! Val having health problems, really bad arthritis so movement very much restricted. She,s had several scans. one to check for the onset of Alzheimers, probably brain damage having to live with me! We have two doggys now, "Daisy" the big daft American Staff, now 4 years old, daft a a brush! We,ve also got a Staffy pup, Lizzie 5 months old, a real livewire who is intent on chewing the gaff to bits! So full time dog walking the order of the day for me! Sorry to hear the loss of Mia, heartbreaking to lose your best friend but we continue to put ourselves through it, life is definitely not the same without your best friend by your side, their love is unconditional.
    Keep fighting John and all the very best to Shirley who is your rock, nothing as powerful as a Strong Woman!
    Keep in touch,
    Mr. Magoo, oops sorry,,Dave
    Still punching Dave, but swings are more often missing the target, but wont give up.
    Our best wishes and thanks to Val, and Shirl wishes her all the best,
    Shame I couldn't come back up there, It would have been great to have met up with you Chris and Bob.

Arthritis especially in the lower back is something else.
    Since I fall over a few times but in the main during the night. and unable to get up, some say its due to medication, arthritis, infection, well many other causes.
    I had to sometimes try and sleep on the floor.

Of course I get a telling off for not wakening Shirl up.
    I've now come to an arrangement, a bottle and cleansing wipes.
    Well that's ok until last week, legs out bed did a pee and cleansed, but couldn't swing my legs back in bed, I was paralysed. Sometimes you cant win.
    The dog pet scenario is also one of life's heartbreak as you well know.
    Don't you want to kick the shite out of someone when they say 'well its only a dog'?

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
    A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
    Until it has destroyed itself from within
    W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
      Thank God we were Paras once and Young John!
      yes and really proud Dave
      W.Durant

Comment

Good to see you posting again John. Sorry to hear about the state of your health. You just have to get on with life, whatever shit is flying. Saying goodbye to a doggy pal is heartbreaking. I think of all the good times I spent with my dogs and that always puts a smile on my face. I think you have done the right thing by getting another pup into your life. Best wishes to you and Shirley and the pup.

Comment

Don't try kicking the shite out of anyone John,you'll only fall over!!!

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
            Good to see you posting again John. Sorry to hear about the state of your health. You just have to get on with life, whatever shit is flying. Saying goodbye to a doggy pal is heartbreaking. I think of all the good times I spent with my dogs and that always puts a smile on my face. I think you have done the right thing by getting another pup into your life. Best wishes to you and Shirley and the pup.
            Hi Chris, good to hear from you and thanks for the good wishes.
            we decided not to go for another doberman for a couple of reasons. I can no longer walk a dog, and a dob is out of the question for Shirley to control
            in the end we went for a rescue, and so chuffed we did.
            were not sure if she is 18 mths or 5years as the vets told us. But it doesn’t matter as she is an angel.
            Hope all is well with you Cris?
            W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
              Don't try kicking the shite out of anyone John,you'll only fall over!!!
              Ahah can you imaging Pat? All mouth and no go, reminds me of them two drunks swinging at each over, missing the swings and falling over.
              Last edited by Don the Mod; 4 weeks ago.
              W.Durant

Comment

Hi Jack have you not moved to the new site mate?
                It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Fukkin ell Rab! Owd Johns gorrinuff ta purrip wi, weout addin fukkin brain damage! Tried ta gerron mesen but run outa fukkin Paracetanol!

Comment

Hi John, good to hear from you mate, you will have to get yourself on the new website . See your name along with Dave up in lights on the membership list so hope you get sorted with it!
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Grab a grandkid to get it sorted John!!

Comment

Originally posted by RAB View Post
                        Hi Jack have you not moved to the new site mate?
                        Hi Rab, good to hear from you,
                        I'm not sure if I did or didn’t

W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                          Hi John, good to hear from you mate, you will have to get yourself on the new website . See your name along with Dave up in lights on the membership list so hope you get sorted with it!
                          Hi Bob, I wondered where you got too. (is it to, or too)
                          I will have a go, but seems it takes me twice as long to do things now days.
                          now here’s a thing, filling forms out is a no no for me, and have to get my daughter to help.
                          You know what I mean, the forms that try to stop you acquiring entitlement etc
                          Anyway you should see Dave and me in the middle of the Btn education block. At least so I don’t get picked on.
                          W.Durant

Comment

Education Block John? A teld the M O a wuz allergic to education!

Comment

The first time I went on the promotional route I was asked to describe how a pair of scissor's worked.
                              (If you remember Benny hill and how he would look at the camera with smile / smirk) well I could take him off to a tea) and the lads knew what was coming.
                              W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                                Grab a grandkid to get it sorted John!!
                                I haven't seen Pete on here yet Pat
                                Besides I took your advice looked in the mirror
                                and asked myself, but to no avail no answer was forthcoming ( just being a twice grandad )
                                W.Durant

Comment

Working...
                                X