Jimmy Joynt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Joynt

Sad to report the passing of Jimmy Joynt, formerly of Support Coy 1 Para (1956 ro ?) then to 22 where he served on the Directing Staff after service in a number of operational locations around the world. Sadly Jim and another soldier from 22 had an accident after a free fall descent when driving back to Hereford in the back of an ambulance many years ago which left Jim and his colleague in wheelchairs. jim for the remainder of his life. Jim lived life to the full both before and after his injury and was a terrific soldier to serve alongside of Sincere condolences to his wife Maureen who supported Jim throughout. and deepest sympathy for his family and all of his former mates in 1 Para and 22 SAS. No funeral details known at this time Wig Shambley

Re: Jimmy Joynt

R.I.P. Jim
    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

RIP Jimmy.

Comment

RIP Jimmy

Comment

RIP Jim
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

R.I.P. JIM.

Comment

R.I.P Jimmy

Comment

Ron, do you know if his oppo in the crash was called Jed Stone ex 9Sqn, sounds a bit like his tale? He's still alive.
                Last edited by Don the Mod; 12 January 2023, 21:42.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Not absolutely sure of the other guys name Don but Jed Stone has a ring to it. Both simply lay on the ambulance stretchers in the wrong direction {having a kip with heads towards the driver) when the crash happened

Comment

Cancel my last about Jed Stone, he died last year. Jack sent me this:

Jed.jpg
                    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

RIP Jed
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                      X