Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Lee 1 PARA

Lifted from FB:

To all friends of my brother Joe Lee ex 1Para. Joe sadly passed away this lunchtime after a short illness (not Covid) in the local Hospital. His family were present.

joe lee.jpg
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Joe Lee 1 PARA

R.I.P. JOE.

Comment

R.I.P. JOE

Comment

I've had one of those days where I really feel my age. And I feel a sight older now , Rest in peace Joe .

Comment

RIP Joe'

Comment

RIP Joe

Comment

What a shock, totally unexpected, thought Joe would live for ever, I will rephrase that, outside of the more senior ranks of the airborne since WW2 there has not been a better front man for airborne forces and in particular the Parachute Regiment than Joe Lee and his name will live for as long as there is a Parachute Regiment. Did patrols up the Kyrenia and Troodos mountains in Cyprus during the EOKA stuff with Joe, think he was a Tom at the time and he did the patrols and ambushes with no buggering about, would tend to follow Joe more than the patrol leaders, a soldier to his boot straps. Rest in peace Joe, glad the end seemed to be peaceful with your family around you. Think the photo has another old mate in the background-Ron Lewis-seems to RSM on that photo. Time and tide wait for no man. Condolences to Mick, other family members and friends.

Comment

Rest in Peace Joe

Comment

R.I.P. Joe
                  Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

RIP ​Joe.

Comment

Rest In Peace Joe
                      I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

RIP Joe
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

RIP
                          2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Absolute ****ing LEGEND! Great bloke. The above photo was the Battalion saying good by on his retirement in 1976 I think says it all really. Should have been an RSM kept getting busted. Tash competition between Yorkie Hill and Steve Curtis B Coy 2 PARA.....think Joe won IT.................Great windup for all RSM's that tash as long as it was above the bottom lip they couldn't touch you, look at the state of it when he left above lol
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Gil; 30 January 2021, 19:01.

Comment

Tash had to be above bottom lip, it used to wander below on occasion when Joe would walk round with his gob open if he passed the RSM. A mate of joe's was Alan Pask who was in 1 Para, probably best rugby union No 8 Wales ever had, they played table tennis in the NAAFI and competed so hard they almost wrecked the NAAFI building (playing f***in ping pong FFS).When I joined 1 Para the sight of Joe and a few others lumbering about med me wonder what the f**k I had joined

Comment

Working...
                              X