• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Out and about

The Arboretum

Comment

Only visited once Jack and not knowing before hand we picked a day that was the Crab Air memorial day for the Berlin Air Lift. Place wuz heaving with Brylcream boys and veterans, even had to park in a field a mile away and get bussed in. Must say I looked a bit outa place wearing Para Reg "T" shirt, shorts n DBs among,st all the tarted up crab air geezers. Really enjoyable day though, although rather poignant paying my respects to former comrades in arms whose names are now engraved on the wall, R.I.P.
      This was before the Airborne Memorial was opened so must try and re visit sometime, but even then a fantastic place. Even ad a big fukk off air display thrown in fer good measure!

Comment

It's on my bucket list Dave, everybody I know who's been there rates it mate !
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Bit like Ulrika Johnsson then!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            ...Must say I looked a bit outa place wearing Para Reg "T" shirt, shorts n DBs among,st all the tarted up crab air geezers...
            They probably thought you were laid on as an exhibition Dave. Just living up to their expectation of we scruffy AB types.
            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Speak for yerself Don!I personally have always been known for my sartorial elegance,and pride in my appearance!

Comment

013.jpg Wuz gunna wear me owd weightlifting leotard from the mid 70s, but there is such a thing as bein overdressed!

Comment

"They probably thought you were laid on as an exhibition Dave. Just living up to their expectation of we scruffy AB types."
                  quote from Don

which one is you Dave

Comment

Far right Jack wearing red leotard Jack, lookin as tho I,d just ad a Hair raid. Worra motley lookin crew eh!

Comment

It's better than the kit I had Dave, the Co-ops best bottle green tracksuit, when the bloody thing got damp the crutch piece used to end up by your knees. A bit like them old bathers your mother used to make out of an old woolly jumper, looked okay until you went in the sea. And when you came out you looked like a cheap imitation of Ghandi.

Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I ad one like that Bob, after a while moor ballroom than strictly come dancing!

Comment

Welcome to Bangladesh
                          No elf and safety here. A well produced video 1 of 5 if you can find the time to watch them

Comment

Comment

weather good here in the east finished off the day with a couple of schurbets

Comment

Brill stuff Jack. On the weather forecast yesterday it sed it wuz touching 85 degrees down theer, while,st up ere, 18 n pissing it down!!

Comment

Working...
                                X