• Re: Out and about

Good film Jack - thanks.

Comment

nice one
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

When you see brilliant national infrastructure like that it is such a pity nations go to war and end up bombing the sheet out of, and devastating each others stuff. Now we gotta look long and hard at Putin and his antics. Mind you NATO and the Yanks ain't been on the up and up hemming them in with Missiles and trying to move right up to their borders. Wonder why leaders can't leave well enough alone ?

Just think the RAF and the US 8th Army Air Force had that lot smashed to pieces... Did'nt take the Krauts long did it ?
        Last edited by trubrit2411; 17 November 2014, 14:04.
        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
        Me

Comment

It's called the Marshall Aid Plan Tone - yanks poured money in to rebuild everything ( well almost) while we had to suffer and get on with it...

Comment

Nowts changed there then !
            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I think the Yanks wanted to bust up 'The Empire', Bob - they made sure of that with Lend-Lease - nearly broke us trying to pay that lot back ( but I think they let us off some of it,but not all ) and they sure didn't help us rebuild after the bombing...I remember parts of the East End of London STILL as bombsites in the '60's and '70's.

Comment

I played on bombsites,and the mountains of bricks the Luftwaffe gave us.
                They was great for patios and pigeon pen floors. Also Pig sties..... all courtesy of Heman Goering.
                "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                Me

Comment

You remember those far off days Tone ? I used to play in and near the Swimming Baths in the Old Kent Road, sad to see slabs of concrete from the roof in the Pool,as for bricks - it wasn't unusual to see people stopping by a bombsite and loading up with bricks,and driving off

Comment

Boys Toys, Modellbahn is featured on you tube and the coverage is better than my interpretation

<span id="post_message_1285169174">

Comment

Some BRILL stuff theer Jack! If I,da ad summat ta play we like that when I wuz a bin lid, I,da spent less time sticking me hand through the oyl in me pocket feeling cocky all day!

Comment

Sailing up to Hamburg we had a lecture by a ex captain who sailed tramp steamers.
                        The modern container ship has an average crew of 12 one container ship does the work of 50 of the old tramps. He was saying the only time the captain spoke to him when he was a midshipman was if he did something wrong

Comment

Another GUD UN Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
                            Boys Toys, Modellbahn is featured on you tube and the coverage is better than my interpretation

<span id="post_message_1285169174">
                            And to think I was happy to get a second hand tin plate wind up train set, when somebody gets that. There's no justice man !
                            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

My last visit was about 1965 I have some 8mm clips of passing through the station on the way to Norway as for the airport never been there until now

Comment

I just love the ole Airports.
                                On occasions prior to New Guinea, I used to sit in Sydney Airport, taking photo's of arrivals and departures.
                                We could at the time, be able to see the costumes area, and it was great fun seeing some being picked up by customs.
                                Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
                                A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
                                Until it has destroyed itself from within
                                W.Durant

Comment

Working...
                                X