F.A.O Ron...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.A.O Ron...

Ron in the Dennison, with a Denzil lookalike.

pitts rd.jpg

Re: F.A.O Ron...

Ron said he'll be back soon.

Comment

Ope thaz keepin oreight Ron.

Comment

Hope one of those Geeermans in the pic hasn't kidnapped him!

Comment

Hi lads, still sorting stuff. Ready for Christmas, 4 slices of corned beef and a hand full of sprouts, will fart for Britain on Boxing day. I remember the Krauts at Pitts Rd before they jumped on to Imber DZ, well that was the intention but the German aircraft missed the DZ by about 3 miles and they had to fly round until they found it, some embarrassment for the Krauts. The RAF WO briefing the German Paras was Doug Peacock, he spoke fluent German. When Doug left them there was some whingeing amongst the Krauts about a place called Dresden and RAF bombers in WW2, I advised them that I had a level of German language and that I and mi Mum were bombed out of Birmingham in WW2 and that it was the Luftwaffe who did the first bombing of cities in the UK. Bit of silence and the guy gobbing off came and shook hands

Comment

Just picked up the last ingredient for chrimbo dinner from the Spar. Potato waffles,as TLO has demanded a change from the fish finger sandwiches we've had the last few years and wants waffles beans and sausages,extravagant bitch!
            I had a similar incident the first time I stayed at the house of the Hat brother's parents in law in Hameln. The junkie brother in law was leafing through a history book and showed pics of Dresden and Cologne in ruins,saying "Look vot you bastards did!" I took the book from him and found other pics from Belsen,Aucshwitz etc and thrust it under his nose and said "Ah,but look what YOU bastards did ya wanker!" End of conversation!

Comment

Them Box Ee-ads in the Luftwaffa musta worn blue n white footy shirts when the kunts bombed our footy ground, "Bootiful Downtown Bramall Lane". Fast forward 40 odd years n durin demolition work a big fukk off 500lb unexploded fukker wuz found reight next ta mi pre match watterin oyle! Av erd a owdin a grudge but that wuz fukkin ridiculous! Like a allus say, tha can,t trust them Wendyites!

Comment

Remember going into a beer cellar in Koln with Gurney Fisher and ended up getting pissed when we were invited over to join a German Para reunion because we were wearing smock and denims. Ended up being a bloody good night actually as they made us feel very welcome. We got into discussing boxing and I mentioned Max Schmelling, who fought Joe Louis a few years back. Turned out one of the blokes there was his old Company Commander. Who said during the Crete do, Max spent more time shitting than fighting as he had a bad case of the shits !
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Used to get on well with all the old boys from the war over there,even ending up in a British Legion type hall in Bavaria for an SS reunion,where there were unit plaques all round the walls and German marching songs on the jukebox. It was the arrogant younger generation that hadn't known the privations of the war that gobbed off all the time and got up our noses!

Comment

Max Schmelling, brill owd pugilist who in the 30s the first geezer ta beat the Brown Bomber by KO. Ad carefully studied Joes technique in the pre fight build up n noticed that every time Joe threw a left jab he dropped iz left hand so durin the feight az Joe threw a left hand, crafty Max countered wi a reight cross smack on Joes violin eventually knockin im sparko. The return a complete different story, Young Joe learnin from iz mistake ayf killed Max inside the first round. So after returnin ta boxee-ad land n owd Adolf pissed off ignored their great Arian hero fer bein battered by a nrgro n instructed im ta serve in the Airborne. After the war Max became a very successful business man runnin the Coca Cola business in Germany, weer az the Brown Bomber hit on ard times, fought fer too long, finally gerrin completely battered by Rocky Marciano n endin up completely pink lint. Max erd of iz plight n jumped in ta give im plenty o ackers n become lifelong friend until Joe sufferin ill health n sufferin drug addiction kippered in iz 60s. Max a very wealthy businessman lived to a ripe owd age. Just another example of ow two gladiators who knock fukk outa each other inside the square circle form a unique bond of liferime friendship after the final bell.

Comment

Working...
                    X