FAO truebrit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FAO truebrit

Was in a Para Bn myself and when I first joined wondered what the 'support arms and services' were all about. In Lancashire Fusiliers at no connection with them. Found out early on that they were tight knit groups who were very professional 33Rd artillery, 9 Sqn, 63 Coy, 23 PFA etc, all a mystery to me. Soon found out how reliable and good they were in the first shit hole we were sent to,, 9 Sqn could and REME could sort out our base very quickly, the caterers had scoff on the go whenever it was needed, could hear their field cookers kicking off and 4am while we still had a couple of hours in the sack, a month up the cuds and RASC would be there when we came down with a 4 tonner to get us back, 9 Sqn would blow things up that wanted blowing up (including the odd safe I think) 33Rd were often not needed on small jobs but they would become good infantrymen at the drop of a hat, and of course the medics were always there very quickly if anyone got caught by one. Underneath all of that, we could look at them and know that they had 'done P Coy and 'done' basic para, so respect and lie us they were following an airborne tradition from WW2 that they would not betray. Its why I get a bit pissed off if I come across a walter.

Comment

Wig....I NEVER replaced my Para Reg mates. Thats why I drive a thousand miles round trip for a pint of Berryessa with Billy Meikles. There nobody like them. Anywhere.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
        Wig....I NEVER replaced my Para Reg mates. Thats why I drive a thousand miles round trip for a pint of Berryessa with Billy Meikles. There nobody like them. Anywhere.

looking forward to our next session tone, stay away from sick people we are now in the target area for this corona virus shittte
        shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Erring on the side of caution mate. Had a couple of lectures off me Brother in law in Blighty so I have stopped mowing around.

That huge foundation excavation is on the tail end of 3-1/2" of torrential rain....but it survived with all the plastic covering we did. Got a couple of areas of repair but not too bad. Phew !We was looking at major coin if that lot had caved in. All's well that ends well.
          Last edited by trubrit2411; 10 April 2020, 17:16.
          Me

Comment

See they have started doing mass burials in the US now, very sad sight

Comment

.I NEVER replaced my Para Reg mates. Thats why I drive a thousand miles round trip for a pint of Berryessa with Billy Meikles. There nobody like them. Anywhere.

Just the same here. Part of my motor's registration has 7RHA on it. About five or six years ago, a guy just a bit younger than me approached me after I'd parked up at the supermarket and asked about the number plate. From that meeting, there is now a largish circle of ex 7 RHA lads meet up on a monthly basis for a bloody good drink and a natter. We may have served at different times but no matter, it's a band of comrades and I love it. Never met civvies like that. Mustn't forget to mention my one other ex Airborne friend who I met up with through this site. Mr Burgess; always a pleasure to have a pint with you Dave. Here's to the next time; if we can manage to beat the curfew and the street patrols.

Comment

I agree.. Pete might have pockets like a black hole, yet as a brother I met thro fandance he is the epitomy of airborne spirit.. Last time I big him up.. Don't want his head getting too big for his short torso...
                HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

If it does,at least we can turn him upside down and use him for a skittle!

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                    .I NEVER replaced my Para Reg mates. Thats why I drive a thousand miles round trip for a pint of Berryessa with Billy Meikles. There nobody like them. Anywhere.

Just the same here. Part of my motor's registration has 7RHA on it. About five or six years ago, a guy just a bit younger than me approached me after I'd parked up at the supermarket and asked about the number plate. From that meeting, there is now a largish circle of ex 7 RHA lads meet up on a monthly basis for a bloody good drink and a natter. We may have served at different times but no matter, it's a band of comrades and I love it. Never met civvies like that. Mustn't forget to mention my one other ex Airborne friend who I met up with through this site. Mr Burgess; always a pleasure to have a pint with you Dave. Here's to the next time; if we can manage to beat the curfew and the street patrols.
                    Fukk street Patrols Chris. If any plod asks mi worram duin out al tell em that we,re coffin dodgers n thaz escoortin mi ta Boots the Chemist across the square wi mi prescription fer some moor "Ugly Pills".

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                      Fukk street Patrols Chris. If any plod asks mi worram duin out al tell em that we,re coffin dodgers n thaz escoortin mi ta Boots the Chemist across the square wi mi prescription fer some moor "Ugly Pills".
                      Think you've taken enough of them Dave
                      Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Overdosed!!!!

Comment

I'm not just ugly, I'm airborne ugly, there is a big difference
                          HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                            Curfew ? Street Patrols ? They say we are on "lockdown" herebut we are not really. There are people mowing about all over. They just stay apart a bit. Not sure anything that Draconian would fly here. So if you leave the house all by yourself to go for a bimble a Copper can order you off the street ? Or arrest you if wont comply ?
                            Last edited by trubrit2411; 11 April 2020, 15:30.
                            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                              Curfew ? Street Patrols ? They say we are on "lockdown" herebut we are not really. There are people mowing about all over. They just stay apart a bit. Not sure anything that Draconian would fly here. So if you leave the house all by yourself to go for a bimble a Copper can order you off the street ? Or arrest you if wont comply ?
                              That's right Tone, course some cops over-reach themselves and one in Doncaster sent a family indoors from their own front garden. New Yorkers are meant to be defiant about any curtailment of their activities, lost over 2000 dead in one day. Cops cannot do right for doing wrong, suppose its up to each individual to screw the nut

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                                Overdosed!!!!
                                Gorra gi the other lads a chance wi the owd growler Pat!

Comment

Working...
                                X