All six footers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All six footers....

and Lee Enfield .303's ....no stubby SA 80.
    Whose bright idea was it to put five foot six dwarfs in the Guards.

Titles read: "TROOPING THE COLOUR ON HORSE GUARDS PARADE".London.Queen Mary arrives at Horse Guards in an open carriage with Princess Elizabeth (Queen Elizab...
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: All six footers....

And weemin!!!

Comment

Wonder how many of those poor souls survived WW2 ?
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Yes Bob, by May of 45 their would be a few holes in the ranks.....from the rearguard at Dunkirk alone.
        Me

Comment

Imagine me Dave and Pat in our Busbies on Horse Guards Parade.

In between Steve and Billy Meikles and Don. WTF ???

Pat would be fooked for his boots ..... and sawdust on his Busby right away.
          Last edited by trubrit2411; 25 July 2019, 15:02.
          Me

Comment

And all of us would be done for the frayed hem of our greatcoats dragging on the deck!

Comment

Never fancied bein a Woodentop anyway cos back in the day the kunts wo too big fer their height!

Comment

Little known fact about me:
                Being from South Shields, My family Regiment is the Coldstream Guards - Great Grand Father, Great Uncle, Uncle, two cousins a brother and now a son - you woulda thought I shit the bed when I told my old man I had been accepted to the Reg! He asked me why I did that - Not sure if he ever understood I explained my fourth choice as the Guards (first three were 2 Para, 3 Para and 1 Para)
                When my son said he was joining the Guards, I was shocked and stunned - never thought of him as a conformist before then.

Bottom line, my dad called me “Animal” to the day he died, but he said it with pride and a glint in his eye - my brother and the two cousins like to take the piss, but lose ground fast when we talk about battle honors and speed of winning them. Of course my inside knowledge of the less than stellar performance of certain members of the Foot Guards in times of war help damp down their spirit.

I would never have changed that choice, and being 5ft 9inches (in those days),I don’t think I would have been accepted for anything other than dishwashing or cleaning in the officers mess.

Very happy with my choice and very proud of my son who is currently a recruiting Sergeant in Newcastle.....
                I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Working...
                X