Found yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Found yesterday

Ah,I was talking about during our time,not to take anything away from the great Chay!John spent most of his career sailing in some form or other,and ended up in the joint services sailing centre and team,down at Marchwood I seem to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
      Ha ha ha ha, Titty Von Tramp, perhaps it should be read in the reverse order.

What pmarT noV yttiT?That doesn't make any sense,and is very hard to say,even for a Welshman or Mongolian Yak herder!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
        I take it you made a visit to them cottages and the inn Kev?
        When we first walked in the inn...........................we could hear talking and laughter and actually thought it was for real.

Sure did - - I think there was a marine museum and of course the famous car museum, that was a personal collection of some well known rich guy?
        I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Lord Montagu!Think he's snuffed it now,and his gay boy son has taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
            Ah,I was talking about during our time,not to take anything away from the great Chay!John spent most of his career sailing in some form or other,and ended up in the joint services sailing centre and team,down at Marchwood I seem to remember.
            He'll know Dave Garrard from the Sqn Pat, Dicks brother. He ended up there for years after getting blown up in NI.
            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

I don't think he knows anyone these days,as I'm sure I heard he snuffed it a couple of years back!

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                He'll know Dave Garrard from the Sqn Pat, Dicks brother. He ended up there for years after getting blown up in NI.
                Don quite a few Sqn blokes passed through Marchwood mate, the home of the shallow water diving courses. Believe Johnny Thompson and Pete Kershaw did a stint as instructors down there.
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Jake Mac, does a lot of sailing, hard to believe cause he had trouble standing up on dry land. After he got out, him and 9 Sqn Jonah deceased, had to deliver a boat to someone in the Mediterranean. should imagine that involved a lot of drinking.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Talking of sailing n guin off track a bit, there wuz a West Indian geezer who came over to Shiny Sheff with the Windrush mob. Soon got pissed off so decided to build a boat to sail back home down at the canal basin. He musta used steel he,d proffed from the steelworks weer he worked, and spent a couple o years building the fukker.
                    Day o the big launching, mates n family friends and local press theer ta see im off, and after smashing o bottle o Guinness on the hull, he slides the fukker into the water where it immediately sank ta the bottom o the canal. Still fukkin theer as far as I know!

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                      Don quite a few Sqn blokes passed through Marchwood mate, the home of the shallow water diving courses. Believe Johnny Thompson and Pete Kershaw did a stint as instructors down there.
                      That's where I did my course too Bob, think the sailing part was a good bit away from the R.E.D.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                        Talking of sailing n guin off track a bit, there wuz a West Indian geezer who came over to Shiny Sheff with the Windrush mob. Soon got pissed off so decided to build a boat to sail back home down at the canal basin. He musta used steel he,d proffed from the steelworks weer he worked, and spent a couple o years building the fukker.
                        Day o the big launching, mates n family friends and local press theer ta see im off, and after smashing o bottle o Guinness on the hull, he slides the fukker into the water where it immediately sank ta the bottom o the canal. Still fukkin theer as far as I know!

Fookin' hell....You could'nt make it up. Hollywood could'nt make it up. Did they film that because if they did I wanna see it
                        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                        Me

Comment

Part of Sheffield folklore Tone, laff me bollox off every time I think about it, n it wuz the main topic of conversation in the battlecruisers around town at the time. Wud bi about 64ish when it occurred so I,ll av ta see if I can find owt in the archives if I can stop mesen laffin!

Comment

Somebody should have told him you have to displace more weight in water than you have in the boat / ship. Thats why cast iron canoes 'n' kayaks dont work......
                            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                            Me

Comment

Archimedes told everyone that Tony, this bloke must have missed it.

Comment

Last seen swimming in the Atlantic back in 1965. "Goo on son thaz nearly theer!"

Comment

Working...
                                X