X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fandance 15, 22-24 May 2015. Accommodation – Dering Lines

Gents

I’ve received confirmation that BAFC have been kindly provided with a block for those wishing to use the accommodation within Dering Lines. One block has 66 bedspaces so first come first served – MEMBERS ONLY who are paid-up club members. If you have a bed space and then find you can no longer make the event, please let me know ASAP so I may offer it to someone else.

Should it be necessary, I have agreed that, in order to avoid problems on handover, the club shall pay a cleaning charge to Sodexho. In the event that we are charged, I will let members know what the cost of the charge will be and divide it among those used the accommodation and it will be repaid by them. I believe that to be fair. If any room is left with damage or in a dirty state, those in that room will not be granted this privilege again. I will sign for a vacuum from the stores for use over the weekend. The club shall provide a black sack in each room and the person IC that room is asked to ensure that it is left clean and tidy for handover. The large rubbish bins are situated by the Car Park - your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Just to let you know that, again this year, there is a completely new QM’s team at Dering Lines. I am confident that if there are any issues regarding behaviour, attitude or damage that is will be the last time we will use this facility. I don’t have the favour pool that has been available in the past. RQMS Pete Jamieson is 3 Para and he’s not heard of or been associated with the club but the previous RQMS, Chris Smith, has supported our case for accommodation. Please, don’t anyone let him or the club down. Both Pete Jamieson and Chris Smith will hopefully join us for the Fan and for some beers after.

The Fandance this year is over a bank holiday weekend. Because of this The accommodation period is extended and will be available from 1200hrs Friday 22nd May until 1200hrs Monday 25th May. Meals are on a pay per dine basis and are available from Friday evening meal to Monday breakfast. I hope to be able to post room numbers prior to arrival but the names of those in each room will be on the chalk board by the entrance to each room. Last year we only required the Ground floor, I’ll let you know if we are using the top floor too this year.

On arrival at Dering Lines you will need to book-in at the Gd Room. Your name will be on a nominal roll & your picture taken to provide you with a temporary ID card to gain access to the Lines over the weekend, you will also be provided with a car pass. Only park in the designated car parks, you will need to hand-in the temporary ID card & car pass into the Gd Room when you leave the Lines at the end of your stay. Your accommodation is Block 12.

As per usual, there is no bedding so bring your own doss bag and you are advised to bring a suitable padlock for the Solider box if you wish to use it.

Bed space booking will commence using the club website PM facility from 0900hrs Saturday 28th February 2015 – please do not bombard me with requests before that time because I am busy, only those received after 0900 on Saturday will be actioned. Thank you. I need to know your full name, membership number, website username, the dates you wish to stay, your vehicle Reg and mobile number. You will have to be a verified (Airborne) club member to use this facility.

For those not fortunate enough (or have a preference) not to use Dering Lines, you should consider booking local B&B’s now.
    Last edited by Probets; 27 February 2015, 08:02.

Re: Fandance 15, 22-24 May 2015. Accommodation – Dering Lines

Phil did not get down to the bottom of post before sending you a PM. :-( will PM you properly on the 28th as stated.

Comment

If it's "members only" non x forces(permanent civvies) would be allowed in then?,or perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by billS View Post
        If it's "members only" non x forces(permanent civvies) would be allowed in then?,or perhaps not.
        Sorry Bill, it's early in the morning - could you de-cypher please?

Comment

It says (members only). Some paid up members have never been in the forces,just a security reason I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by billS View Post
            Nope its Airborne members
            Ad Unum Omnes
            webmaster@thebritishairborneforcesclub.co.uk
            ericthered@cv6.co.uk
            ex C Coy 1 Para
            Private what are doing here? reply: everyone has to be somewhere! (the late great Spike Milliigan)

Comment

Originally posted by ericthered View Post
              Nope its Airborne members
              I,as well as many other's Eric understand,but it's the wording "members" but its better to be safe than sorry

Comment

Thanks Bill, the meaning of the word members is 'AB Members' - as it states, underlined, at the end of the post.

Comment

now it reads better

Comment

Phil....do I need to resend an email or will me last one booking a bedspace do?
                    If I'm not in......I'm out running.

Comment

Jonah I will be re-submitting my booking as per Phil's orders.....cause I dont want to sleep in a bush.....
                      HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Unless it's attached to some dirty doxy of Breconian vintage!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah View Post
                          Phil....do I need to resend an email or will me last one booking a bedspace do?
                          If I don't have all those details yes please Jonah.

Comment

Rgr.....I'll send them again just in case!
                            If I'm not in......I'm out running.

Comment

Just in case any member is still unsure I have taken the liberty to copy and paste the relevant booking procedure for bedspaces at Dering lines.......

I'm 2 PARA and as such like things to be done as in SOPs otherwise chaos ensues

No need to thank me for my input......it's entirely my pleasure
                              Yours
                              Kit Karson

Bed space booking will commence using the club website PM facility from 0900hrs Saturday 28th February 2015 – please do not bombard me with requests before that time because I am busy, only those received after 0900 on Saturday will be actioned. Thank you. I need to know your full name, membership number, website username, the dates you wish to stay, your vehicle Reg and mobile number. You will have to be a verified (Airborne) club member to use this facility.
                              Last edited by Kit Karson; 27 February 2015, 18:39.
                              HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Working...
                              X