X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FANDANCE 2015

The dates for Fandance are w/e 22-24 May 2015
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: FANDANCE 2015

Got back to work on Mon for the new year & as per the norm was given the official dated holidays I am entitled to for 2015, noted that Monday the 25th May is a Bank Holiday, this is the Monday of the FANDANCE 15 weekend, I don't think any of us realised that was the case when the dates were voted on at the AGM '14 (usually the bank holiday weekends in May are the first & last weekends) some folk may wish to extend their stay at the various hotels & B&B's once they know if they do not already do so, it may effect the handover of the accommodation at Dering Lines too (if they or the admin team did not know either) either way looking forward to another great weekend & also have bonus of not losing a days holiday to get over it all lol.,
    Last edited by smokey; 10 January 2015, 20:10.
    "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

I like that well worked out plan,better start saving now!!

Comment

Thanks Smokey. I did realise that it would be over the BH - I have extended the time at Dering Lines in case the guys want to stay longer and it's my plan to do a Fandance brief over this weekend. I will of course remind people that it is a BH weekend. Let's hope we have better weather this year!

Comment

Fandance Briefing
          DSCF0719.jpgDSCF0720.jpgDSCF0721.jpgDSCF0722.jpgDSCF0723.jpgDSCF0724.jpg

Gerry Cox and I are just back from this year’s Brecon Recce that we managed to combine with the funeral of Steve Pratt (RIP).

The Fandance weekend will take place over 22-24 May 2015. Please be aware that Monday 25th is a Bank Holiday and you may wish to extend your stay in Brecon, in which case sort your accommodation out accordingly.

Accommodation

We visited Dering Lines and met up with WO2 (RQMS) Chris Smith who confirmed that we would be granted the use of Block 12 free of charge again this year. This year Fandance takes place over the Bank Holiday and we have also be offered an extension to Monday 25th, so if guys wish to stay longer they can. I know that this benefit of free accommodation, for club members only, is very much appreciated by you all and that you’re all eager to book your spaces – However, you’ll have to wait until the end of February to book your bed space, there is a total 66 spaces and it’s on a first come first served basis. The cookhouse will be open and you’ll have to pay for any meals that you have.

I need you to follow this simple procedure:

Send me a PM via the club website

1. Please include your name and membership number, I will also need the same for any other members you are booking for. If you forget your number look on the back of your card or contact Don (don473@talktalk.net)
          2. Once I send you a confirmation message – you and any other will have a bedspace.
          3. Whoever booked the accom is responsible for letting me know, at the earliest opportunity, of anyone who no longer needs the space. Please consider that others may have been placed on a standby list...
          4. If there are spaces left, and non-members wish to use the accommodation, they will be put on the standby list and invited to join the club – you will have to be a member to use the accommodation.
          5. I will not accept texts, emails or FB for accommodation. I want there to be one paper trail so there is no chance that anyone misses out. Using this method is an excellent opportunity to make sure you know your membership status and to start using the club site as an information and communication tool.

Chris Smith has been promoted to WO1 (RSM) and will take over his post with 4 Para (V) in early February 2015. I know you will all join me in wishing him every success in his new post and to thank him for his kindness toward the club. I have extended to him an invitation to join us at this year’s Fandance and, events permitting, he will. Pete Jamieson (currently CSM A Coy 3 Para) will take over the RQMS role at Dering Lines in February.

Fandance Event

It seems the National Trust (NT) has yet again fallen foul of their own poor planning in respect of the Storey Arms and their plans for a large car park and visitor centre. The look of the site remains in the same state this year, a track has been widened for those using the Storey Arms centre through the wooded area to the left so that people may avoid walking up the road after parking their car. A small double fronted shed has been erected by the gate that leads up to Pen-y-Fan, this is the ‘visitors centre’. I must say that it was closed when we arrived and it looked very sorry for itself sitting all alone (see pictures).

The Highways Agency have told NT that if they want a car park for 250 cars they will have to pay for slip roads to be built either side of the current A470 at a cost of £250-£500k. NT just don’t have the money.
          ighway Agency have told High
          At this stage, I don’t envisage any change from the car parking arrangements from previous years. Please be advised that this year the walk will commence at 1015 hrs sharp. I’m hoping that this new time will give all walkers a chance to get up, have breakfast, make it to the start line and then cross it on time.

There will be a small brief prior to setting off and a small ceremony to remember those no longer with us once everyone has arrived at the trig point.

AGM

The AGM will take place at the Rugby Club at 1530 hrs – I will publish the agenda in March. Membership subs can be paid before the AGM. Tickets for food will also be issued after the AGM so stay behind to collect.

Club Social

This will be held at the Rugby Club and will begin at 1930 hrs.

The format for the evening will change this year and, if it is successful, we will adopt it again next year.

1930 Welcome address by Chairman
          1935 Food – this year we have hired a hog roast*
          2030 Auction
          2045 Raffle
          2100 Karaoke & dancing

* The Hog Roast is a ticket only. That means that a club member will initially be given two tickets, one for them and one for a partner/guest.

I’m asking for your patience and support because this is the first year the club has attempted something like this. The club pays for the food from its funds and it should be that our paid-up Members should get the benefit of the club before those who lapsed members or those who choose not to be members. The chance of free accommodation and a free scoff is easily worth the £10 per annum. If there are spare tickets, those not wishing to join the club can pay £10 for a scoff. I have catered for 275 people and I’m sure that we will have food over for those who are joining us for the first time. One ticket per serving, there will be salads to accompany the hog and if you have a vegetarian need please let me know so that I can inform the caterers.

There will also be an extended dining area outside the hall under a Gazebo .

Conclusion

I do hope that the weather will be kinder to us this year and that the move to later in May will be a benefit. Don’t forget that the weekend is over a Bank Holiday (travel, Accom etc). It’s a new format for the Club Social that requires your support – if things need adjusting we can do that for next year.

So, book your time off, book your travel and accommodation and I look forward to meeting you all again in May.

Let’s make it another successful Fandance.

Comment

Pete Jamieson.....fellow Everton fan and Ultra runner!
            If I'm not in......I'm out running.

Comment

Phil just to get it right, we have to wait till the end of Feb to book a space and not now. You will of course let us know in advance when to book by PM on here.

Comment

Have had to cancel the FANDANCE weekend for myself, first time ever I will not be able to attend, absolutely pissed off, but having tried every way around it cant do it, I will cancel my two rooms at the Borderers, so if anyone is finding accom hard to find get in there sharpish, ave a great time everyone.
                "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

How will the group manage 'He aint heavy' without it's lead singer?

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                    Have had to cancel the FANDANCE weekend for myself, first time ever I will not be able to attend, absolutely pissed off, but having tried every way around it cant do it, I will cancel my two rooms at the Borderers, so if anyone is finding accom hard to find get in there sharpish, ave a great time everyone.
                    will miss your acid wit Smokey........Till next year bro
                    HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Pat get practising you have been nominated. Gutted for you Smokey.

Comment

I'll give Smokey £200 to turn and sing!!,nothing to do with you Pat honest

Comment

None taken!Can't dance,can't sing,and couldn't get a note from a comb and bog paper!(Come to think of it how would you do that now the old Izal greaseproof bog paper's gone extinct?)

Comment

can you whistle?
                            Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

I,ll bring me triangle!

Comment

Working...
                              X