signing in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signing in

Just introducing myself to one and all. My name is Terry Robinson (Robbo) and I was a Pay Corp waller. So, yes I probably paid your claims, but not expences if I could help it!!

I hope to keep bullshit to a minimum, listen intently, contribute with humility and enjoy being a part of a group of people I admire.

I hope to attend the Fan Dance, in May, to fully introduce my self.

Cheers

Re: signing in

Welcome Trobbo44
    HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Thanks Kit. I was with your guys on Wireless Ridge, as a stretcher bearer team commander.

Comment

Originally posted by trobbo44 View Post
        Thanks Kit. I was with your guys on Wireless Ridge, as a stretcher bearer team commander.
        I was a radio operator in Stretcher bearers team also on Wireless, following D Coy-got a pic of team-will post-u maybe on it.....been trying to name the lads in it with no joy-If u going to Fandance, wud be gud to have a few words over a beer Bro
        HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Terry, welcome aboard mate !
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Kit, that would be fantastic. Radio ops got the go to. And we went to! I was on the start line with B Company to begin with, first hour or so. Sent over to RSM with 500 link for the gun group. Brought off a wounded Para. Never found out his name. Helped to bring off doc Findlay, to begin with. The pictures would be great mate. I don't have any record of my time with your guys. After the church parade, got sent back to the gunners, Jock Love's mob, and became a pay clerk again

Comment

I look forward to a beer during the dance weekend. Good talking to you Kit. Blue Skies mate

Comment

Originally posted by trobbo44 View Post
                Kit, that would be fantastic. Radio ops got the go to. And we went to! I was on the start line with B Company to begin with, first hour or so. Sent over to RSM with 500 link for the gun group. Brought off a wounded Para. Never found out his name. Helped to bring off doc Findlay, to begin with. The pictures would be great mate. I don't have any record of my time with your guys. After the church parade, got sent back to the gunners, Jock Love's mob, and became a pay clerk again
                I've posted a pic in the Airborne room of the team I was with-They were mostly ACC and others from 2 Para group. Glad you've found the club at last Robbo
                HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Cheers Kit, I'll check it out

Comment

Kit, the guy back right, looks a hell of a lot like me. have asked the wife and she agrees. But, I won't nail that as a confirm, the picture is too grainy. The guy in front looks like one of the cooks, poor bastard had a hell of a night, carrying the stretcher, had to revive him from exposure at one point. I'm sure one of them was a guy called wire-bender, he was reme and was on the GPMG at one point. The reason I say it may be me is that I was given a Maroon lid by one of the guys, before we walked down off the ridge and passed Moody Brook. One of the radio ops confirmed the fighting was at an end, and suddenly there were Maroon lids flying around quicker than the tracer all night. There was a senior rank with us at that moment, if I remember. Also took a couple of prisoners along the way, hiding out in the holes in the rocks, missed during the main fighting. Passed them on, before grouping up. If any of this rings a bell then there is a good chance it may be me at the back. One of the cooks, left soon after getting back to Aldershot and joined the Israeli Army. These are jumbled memories kit, so some may be a little foggy. But, if that photo was taken before coming off the ridge line and before we walked down and passed Moody Brook, chances are it may be me??????????

Comment

Yes Robbo, the pic was taken by me on my trusty 110(hence crap image). Just before tab into Stanley. Unfortunately the original is kept at The Doncater Aeroventure Museum as part of a display, along with all my other 82 pics. Really look forward to a chin wag and beer in May- My memory isn't what it was, but a lot of what you posted I concur..........It would be good if back right is you.......first to be ticked off maybe
                      HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Kit, hopefully some of my memories ring a bell? But, yes I am looking forward to meeting up. Who knows, after a chat, it may well turn out to be me and you at yhe same location, at the same time! As for naming anyone elae, no chance I'm afraid. I got brought in from San Carlos, straight after Goose Green, I'd been on the Norland taking pot shots at some very fast moving aircraft! Anyway, I'll save all the questions and memories for when we meet. Thanks for the warm welcome

Comment

X 2 mate. Always welcoming. Enjoy the site banter.
                          HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

compare.jpgwireless ridge.jpgKit, I've just blown that picture up and it is me!! sgts mess.jpgsgts mess.jpgreturn from falklands.jpg These are pictures of me with roughly the same profile. I think you can strike off one of the unknown1 para.jpgYou make upyour own mind. But, I'm pretty convinced!!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by trobbo44; 24 February 2014, 12:32.

Comment

Hello Terry, welcome to the insane house.

Comment

Working...
                              X