• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Out and about

This guy got me into doing selfies. I prefer to be behind the camera

Comment

Is this it Jack ....Lenwade? On the River Wensum ? .... because this looks like paradise mate.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...859!4d1.297355

Parked up in Lenwade the railway does a big loop then heads through Reepham ending in Aylsham you can see parts of the line in Google

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
        Theres nothing where I live to match Britain. Not at all. Especially as I go inland. Farther inland you go and POOF you may as well be on the moon.
        I mean it ain't bad either Dave.....but it does not compare to rural emerald green Britain. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
        Oreight up ere Tone, plenty o Roman history, but thad o luvved it weer a used ta live at the foot o the South Yorkshire Pennines, Rugged Dark Peak, brill fer WW11 aircraft sites huntin, fukkin loo-ads of em. Also a lot o Iron Age, Viking n Saxon sites ta hunt around, high up n rugged guin tho, so tha needs ta be clobbered up. Massive WW1 n WW11 trainin area as well so plenty o ordnance, badges etc. ta bi found, used ta mek a few bob weighin copper drive bands off 18pdr n 75mm shells in. White Peak, rolling green hills n countryside ta bimble about in wi lovely villages like Hathersage, Eyam, Castleton n Bakewell ta stop off fer a pint n a pie. Fukk guin abroad! Kunts hate us anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
          This guy got me into doing selfies. I prefer to be behind the camera

Been there done it Jack, loved every minute of it, magnificent if you have good clear weather over the Lake District mate !
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            Oreight up ere Tone, plenty o Roman history, but thad o luvved it weer a used ta live at the foot o the South Yorkshire Pennines, Rugged Dark Peak, brill fer WW11 aircraft sites huntin, fukkin loo-ads of em. Also a lot o Iron Age, Viking n Saxon sites ta hunt around, high up n rugged guin tho, so tha needs ta be clobbered up. Massive WW1 n WW11 trainin area as well so plenty o ordnance, badges etc. ta bi found, used ta mek a few bob weighin copper drive bands off 18pdr n 75mm shells in. White Peak, rolling green hills n countryside ta bimble about in wi lovely villages like Hathersage, Eyam, Castleton n Bakewell ta stop off fer a pint n a pie. Fukk guin abroad! Kunts hate us anyway!
            I was astonished to learn how many aircraft had crashed around the Debyshire hills in WW2. Apparently quite a few of them were aircraft being delivered by the lady ferry pilots, forget the numbers but I think in excess of 200. The good thing to come out of that f***in vandal Beeching axing all of those railway tracks is that many of the tracks are now brilliant walking and cycling routes. If anyone asks me how i stay relatively fit at my age I tell 'em to get some good boots on and start walking and increase it every day and after about a month they will start getting fitter, and start taking in the views

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
              Been there done it Jack, loved every minute of it, magnificent if you have good clear weather over the Lake District mate !
              Done quite a few of Wainwrights, go past the lake where his ashes were scattered up 'Haystacks' a few times a year. Will be near Harrogate in a couple of weeks time and looking forward to some of Beechings old railway tracks. Shove Covid up their arses as long as i can get out

Comment

brilliant walk. i love to see stories like this.
                shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

'Just the view across the fields from my front window this morning would have you drooling Tone!'

Is that because tlo was bent over naked, picking mushrooms in the garden?

Comment

More like picking mushrooms from her 'Lady Garden'!

Comment

All during this lockdown I've got out walking every day, trouble is it's all flat round here so not much of a challenge but it's better than nowt. The gym opened up again today, so tomorrow I'm going to suffer a bit with the old lactic acid. Have to do me warm up and mobility exercises to burn it off !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

All my warm up and mobility exercises are done in bed these days. Horizontal is the way forward!

Comment

Shaggin iz a gud all round body workout Pat, but mek sure tha uses the full in n out thrust action ta tone up thi six pack. Keepin it guin fer 30 minutes every day shud do the trick!

Comment

Last part of trip Tony

Comment

30 minutes? You want me to do it 17 times?

Comment

Fukkin ell Pat, that,s just tha warm up! By the way, duz tha know a 3 Para lad called Andy Harrison? Be about 50 n az opened a cafe/battlecruiser on Seaham Harbour sea front called "Flanders". Seems a nice kid, asked im if eee knew thee, sed eed erd o thi.

Comment

Working...
                                X