Out and about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out and about

I think I can safely say without any contradiction that 7 RHA have always been the smartest unit in the Airborne Brigade. However; the position of some of those cap badges (ciphers) defy belief; looking akin to sections of the Frog and Itie Armies. It will be on the back of the beret before long.

Thanks Jack, I really enjoyed that.

Comment

Something a little different
      I heard a tale that some of 3 Para were flying over the med and a guy up front sat on the bomb release button and all their kit fell in to the Med

Comment

Good one again Jack. Last time I saw one of those in action was up in the Radfan with the Hunters.
        God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
          Something a little different
          I heard a tale that some of 3 Para were flying over the med and a guy up front sat on the bomb release button and all their kit fell in to the Med

...still laughing here Jack,poor buggers - all that way just to turn around and come back !!
          (Thanks to Rent-A-Flight...)

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
            I think I can safely say without any contradiction that 7 RHA have always been the smartest unit in the Airborne Brigade. However; the position of some of those cap badges (ciphers) defy belief; looking akin to sections of the Frog and Itie Armies. It will be on the back of the beret before long.

Thanks Jack, I really enjoyed that.
            well obviously 9 Sqn excepted
            I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

When 3 Para guarded the Queen, we woz so cool. We even creased our shirts.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

7 RHA have creases in their creases; that's smarter than smart.

9 Squadron can be as smart as they like; axle grease under the fingernails and a tab behind the ear slightly spoils the look.

Comment

No we never used axle grease, just used to piss on a stiff nut then hit it with a five pound sledge that used to free it !
                  Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Up north for the bank holiday

Comment

Just down the road from me Jack,but expensive to gerrin these days innit?

Comment

Beamish, great place, when I want a blast from the past that's the place to be ! How much are they charging now Dave, because it's a few years since I last paid it a visit ?
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Looks very nice. I been to Howarth. That is also a time travel place. Had good nose in the Bronte Sisters house.
                          Me

Comment

About 20 years since I last visited mesen Bob,but talking to an old dear from across the road who visited last week,it,s expanded a lot since then.The threpenny bits open,and they,ve more or less rebuilt a big f.ck off stately home that was demolished somewhere in the North East,and looking at the updated leaflet,it,s twice the size it was when I last visited.
                            £13 to get in,but thinking about it,you have a good nostalgic day out,and compared to £28 to see shite 3rd Division Footy,ses it all!

Comment

Watched it all but I watched the singing bit five time now.
                              Whats the name of the song in the beginning bit Jack, and who is the folk singer ?

Theres no place like Britain. None
                              Last edited by trubrit2411; 2 September 2013, 21:50.
                              Me

Comment

Me

Comment

Working...
                                X