Music from your younger days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music from your younger days.

Brill Toons John from a GREAT era in our lives! Other classics I loved singing to mesen were,Eric Claptons group of the time "Cream" singing "I Feel Free",Gary Pucket And The Union Gap,"Young Girl",and the Loving Spoonful "What A Day For A Wet Dream".

Comment

Good collection there John....seems a World away now :-((

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
        Mooching on youtube like you do; I found this mix which brought back memories.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVlGYhdjj9c

Nice Video..Brenda Lee 1:40 seems to be toying with the idea of pole dancing?

Comment

I checked it out Griff and to be honest its not quite as exciting as you made it sound.
          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I often sit back play some of the tunes from the 50/60's and whilst listing I wander off in reflection of my life.
            Each song / record brings back memories of where I was, and what was going on at the time. Family and friends who are no
            longer with me. It was all different then.
            Then I think; The world today don't care of what happened in the past, and some would say; why should they?
            They never had the privilege of knowing those who went through 2 world wars, the lessons they did teach, and their values of life itself, which
            they tried to pass on;
            Then the records finish and I say to myself in the old paraphrase ; THE WORLD CAN GET TO F**K!
            Last edited by HappyJack; 8 April 2013, 16:32.
            Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
            A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
            Until it has destroyed itself from within
            W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
              I checked it out Griff and to be honest its not quite as exciting as you made it sound.
              That was my Tabloid press review

Comment

Fings aint wot they used to be John!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                  Fings aint wot they used to be John!
                  Yea I know Dave, just can't understand why certain things have to change.
                  Mind you I can remember my ole dad saying the same thing.

"Oi...do me a favour!". Contemporary Cockney social consciousness from Mr B - LYRICS BELOWSingalonga Max:-They changed our local Palais into a bowling alleya...
                  W.Durant

Comment

One for the Aussies , once in the bad bad lands of Australia.
                    W.Durant

Comment

Good owd Charlie,"yayst".Remember the other one John? "Please Mr. Custer",reight laff!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                        Good owd Charlie,"yayst".Remember the other one John? "Please Mr. Custer",reight laff!
                        All them old comedians would be wasted on the younger ones today Dave.
                        I was on a trip not long ago with 7 others from our era ex forces.
                        The driver was an ex customs and excise chap, he was killing himself laughing and said;
                        I love it driving you older vets around, because when he drives the younger ones around they don't seem to have the same sense of humor.
                        W.Durant

Comment

We were spoilt for choice in them days John! That was the era when comedians and singers for that matter had to serve a very tough apprenticeship on the workingmens club circuit.Unforgiving audiences to say the least,especially up in the industrial north where working men and women expected to be entertained,and woe betide any turn that did,nt come up to scratch.Heckled to f.ck accompanied by cries of,"pay the useless bastard off!"
                          By the time these entertainers reached the so called big time:- TV & Radio,they had endured years on the club circuit,perfecting their act in front of the most critical of audiences up and down the country.
                          I f.ckin despair these days watching the so called "New Age" commedians,such as you see on progs like "Live At The Apollo",worra bag of absoloute shite!None and I mean none would have lasted 2 minutes in front of a workingmens club audience.And as for the so called comedy on TV,such as that big useless split arse "Amanda",what the f.ck is that all about?
                          Then you get that total bag o shite "The X Factor",banging out one hit wonders,who are,nt even half decent Kareoke singers.F.ckin ell,could you imagine some o them c.nts on the old club circuit,half of em would be lucky to get outa the place alive!
                          I know that I sound a miserable critical twat,but when you compare the present crop to the greats of yesteryear,I fear that its another example of how the quality in life has gone right down the f.ckin pan!

Comment

bang on there Dave, yep one hit wonders.
                            I went to an open air concert in Sydney, must have been 1970.
                            Anyway some known names on stage including the BG's, the audience booed off some of them, can't remember now, but one was a
                            known singer from Britain, she went off stage crying.
                            Anyway here is Brenda at the age of 15, and no digital technology to make her voice sound good, like now days.
                            "I'm Sorry" is a 1960 hit song for then-15-year-old American country pop singer Brenda Lee. It peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in...
                            W.Durant

Comment

Guess who?
                              Attached Files
                              W.Durant

Comment

I'll give them a clue John. "Mars Bar"
                                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X