BREAKING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING!

Breaking News! "Matt Handcock az resigned to spend more time with his Fanny!"

Re: BREAKING!

Cant find a suitable thread to insert....my woes
    Saturday 26th
    A tale of two fingers and one eye or A story of country folk (Radio 4)
    On Saturday morning I decided to cut the bottom hedge that comes through our chain linked fence. I had completed the high bits off the big ladder now collect small loft aluminium ladder. Unbeknown to me my shoe lace became untied. Waling to the borner of the raised plant area I slipped smashing my face on the side of the ladder well all I can say that took the wind out of my sales. I had no vision from the left eye so called a neighbour who kindly took us to A & E. I managed to take a mask my wife forgot hers also mobiles were nearly flat. The eye clinic the staff where great one nursed asked how I had done it to which she said “these things happen my husband a scaffolder had nearly been killed s few days ago”.
    On way to the clinic in wheel chair i’m making the most of this had to do the Covid and MRSA tests never came back so all must be well (except...) Filled in DOB address then the tests BP, heart rate, temperature. The nurse was amazed at my BP when I told her my cycling I got nice comments I wish I could do that and my age
    The eye doctor told me the good and bad then on go the light which I can see but everything is pink and I see my eye lashes, ironically I was not in pain just sore. More confirming details and more BP , pulse , temp tests and another confirmation of my date of birth then off for a MRI scan with highlight fluid. Had hoped I would go into theatre at 23.00.
    so off to the Dillham ward I walked there this time
    Now it was a hurry up and wait period in my room one hears the constant bell calls going off and staff chatting there is wifi but reading a mobile screen with one eye is to say the least a little taxing. I was imprested the anaesthetist gave me a visit.

Sunday 0900
    In surgery what I got told was they had to search for something but as I told the nurse in recovery I thought I was watching You Tube.
    Back home and this morning with a visit to the clinic. Taking tablets and eye drops.

All the years at work and wearing safety clothes and this happens

Moxifloacxin tablets
    Moxifloxin eye drops
    Dexmethasone eye drops
    Cyclizned 50 mg tablets

( any typos I have only a cheap pair ! of glasses)

Comment

Good luck with it Jack. Sounds just like some of my adventures with tools and ladders,frequently ending at the A+E!

Comment

Sods law Jack, always expect the unexpected. Hope your recovery goes OK and you,re fighting fit soon, accidents like this are a bastard cos they interupt your lifestyle and training regime. Decided to re roof mu Guardroom the other week, pitched roof but usually a piece of piss but had forgotten the number of elapsed years since I,d done any for a living, consequently although job completed OK, the body positions one uses meant I paid a heavy price for my efforts. bending twisting, squatting position while fixing welted drips, like being a contortionist. Aftermath az left me with a badly pulled hamstring, so hobbling around az tho I,ve shit myself, aches like fukk, can,t bend mi leg n applying Deep Heat n Wintergreens az tho it,s guin outa fashion. Ah well, purrit down ta experience n admit that age az deffo taken its toll, but fukk missin mi daily workout, 6am leaky skin time, it,s only pain!

Comment

Had a check up yesterday just a matter of time I suppose ironic that all my time at work wearing safety glasses and now this

Comment

Sods Law Jack! Like a climber mate o mine standing at the bottom a Stanage Edge, took iz skid lid off ta scratch iz crust n a loose rock came down n fractured iz skull!

Comment

Know what you mean Dave about aches after a long time out of doing things. Today I've been tiling a 3 sided pillar in the kitchen,only about a sq yard of tiles but all the corner ones had to be cut at 45 degrees,and were all different sizes as the wall aint square. 4 or 5 hours of up and down from my knees to the tile cutter and the repaired ankle is telling me what a c.nt I am by collapsing under me every few steps. Oh well,only one more session on a 2 sided job at the other end and can't do it for a week or so as TLO's youngest is gracing us with his presence tomorrow for a few days,so a bit of a rest!

Comment

That,s the way Pat, call for reinforcements, give the young uns summat ta do, we,ve dun our bit so let the younger generation fukk theresens up. Or cud it be that they,ve got more sense?

Comment

A mate who's a builder/property developer on friday night,when TLO said I was tiling,said "Get somebody in"! But I resent paying someone thousands to put a few hundred tiles on that I can do as well meself. (Even though it's killing me) I'm pleased with the end result anyway,even though I can't admit it to her as I fought against it for months!

Comment

I do as little as possible in the gaff these days Pat, rather sell some antiquity tharrav dug up n give the "Trouble" the ackers ta get someone in, decorating, plumbing, joinery, electrical worrever it is. Dun mi share over the years o the DIY kick but got ta the stage o mi life weer other hobbies o moor important n enjoyable n especially the age I am now, a wanna mek mi time left on the planet az enjoyable az possible. If she wants the ackers ta av summat dun a give it er wi pleasure cos I aint fukkin duin it, weth every penny just ta keep er boo-at race straight. Tha noze wot wimmin are, allus wantin ta change summat, weeraz am a if it aint brock, then don,t fukk about fixin it geezer, so az soon az I hear them fatal words, "Don,t you think that is looking a bit shabby Dave?" or, "I could do with a new worrever", a simply reply, "Ow much money duz tha need sweeteart?" cos keepin er quiet iz weth a million ackers ta me, n a never intended ta be the richest man in the fukkin graveyard.

Comment

One eyed Jack here, speaking to my son who had an eye injury while working in his security job said that it could take a while. It is a little worrying at the moment. After I came out of theater and back on the ward they gave me my medi pack and there was a syringe laying on the table I asked the nurse what was it. She said morphine. How do I take that the nurse explained and said it will make you feel good. I didn't need it and declined.

Comment

Weth a fukkin fortune on the street that Jack!

Comment

maybe Dave but I don't know where they are here but rest assured we have a few, my luck I would have got caught

Comment

Your luck ran out there Jack. Similar to Charlie F's plight on here. One minute life is fine and then 'bang', you're up shit creek. On the up side, at least your medication list didn't include Coxafloppin.

Comment

Hope it all turns out okay Jack, trouble is mate we still think we can do things we did years ago. But these little episodes remind us we can't. Life has a nasty way in giving us reminders now and again !
                              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                              X