Robert (Bob) Gilbert - 3 Para

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert (Bob) Gilbert - 3 Para

Sad to announce that Bob Gilbert ex 3 Para, passed away on the 11th February, he unfortunately contracted covid19 and died shortly after being admitted to St Richard's hospital in Chichester.

Bob was, I think, aged 69 he served with 3 Para and also in the depot as a PTI, he did transfer to the army physical training corp but I have no idea when. He served in total 23 years

As well as informing you all I am also reaching out to anyone who may have known / served with Bob as his daughter has practically no knowledge of his time in / his number / how long with Para Regt, etc etc and would love to know more about her dad.

Also by doing this I can then try and organise a presence at his funeral (no idea when) which will be down in Chichester.

I never knew Bob in the Regt, only socially down here on the south coast, a lovely fella who will be sadly missed

RIP Bob

Any info please get back to me
    Boris
    Politics is war without blood ..... War is politics with blood

Re: Robert (Bob) Gilbert - 3 Para

Rest In Peace Bob
    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

RIP bob,say hi to spike.

Comment

R.I.P. Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
          Sad to announce that Bob Gilbert ex 3 Para, passed away on the 11th February, he unfortunately contracted covid19 and died shortly after being admitted to St Richard's hospital in Chichester.

Bob was, I think, aged 69 he served with 3 Para and also in the depot as a PTI, he did transfer to the army physical training corp but I have no idea when. He served in total 23 years

As well as informing you all I am also reaching out to anyone who may have known / served with Bob as his daughter has practically no knowledge of his time in / his number / how long with Para Regt, etc etc and would love to know more about her dad.

Also by doing this I can then try and organise a presence at his funeral (no idea when) which will be down in Chichester.

I never knew Bob in the Regt, only socially down here on the south coast, a lovely fella who will be sadly missed

RIP Bob

Any info please get back to me
          Boris
          Boris if you get his details, as per the fudbook post below he will get a plaque erected in the Cemetery.

(i) Brass name plaques...

To get a brass plaque produced for an Airborne Soldier who has passed on.....
          YOU....have to do the groundwork....
          What we need from you is the following....

Number
          Rank
          Name
          Unit
          Date of birth
          Date of death
          Awards

———————————————————————————
          "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Cheers Don, I'm working on it, hoping to get lots of info from Gil when he visits Duxford tomorrow
            Politics is war without blood ..... War is politics with blood

Comment

Rest in Peace Bob

Comment

R.I.P. Bob
                Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

RIP​ Bob.

Comment

Sad when lads don't pass on their past to family members, but luckily we have enough in the Duxford Museum Archive to help them explore whether they want his military record from Glasgow now!

Private 24146244 R.J GILBERT Finished his Parachute Course on the 1/11/1968

Comment

RIP
                      2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

RIP Bob
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

RIP Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X