When the shirt buttons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the shirt buttons...

...start to show the strain, Christmas is handy for a shirt with an extra X.

btn.jpg
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: When the shirt buttons...

I always buy my clothes with 'growing room'!

Comment

Age 74 still growing mesen, ad ta buy a 19 inch collar size shirt ta look respectable for our Son Marks funeral but still wear 30 inch waist size keks. That Charles Atlas az gorra lot ta answer for!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
        Age 74 still growing mesen, ad ta buy a 19 inch collar size shirt ta look respectable for our Son Marks funeral but still wear 30 inch waist size keks. That Charles Atlas az gorra lot ta answer for!
        I remember when i was a 15" pencil neck, wouldn't get my arms into one now.
        "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Think I have become a 15" pencil neck, could do wrestlers bridge to clear a 15st bloke when I was about 30, time and tide>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Personally I prefer vests or T shirts!

Comment

Wrestlers Bridge Ron, the favourite exercise of "Iron" Mike Tyson which gave him a 20 inch plus neck. Neck strength extremely important for boxers as a powerful uppercut or left hook landing on the button can lead to the Albert Pierrpoint effect, "SNAP!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                Wrestlers Bridge Ron, the favourite exercise of "Iron" Mike Tyson which gave him a 20 inch plus neck. Neck strength extremely important for boxers as a powerful uppercut or left hook landing on the button can lead to the Albert Pierrpoint effect, "SNAP!"
                And Tyson could throw a punch.............!

Comment

Luckily I still have the physique I had 30 years ago. Mind you, having said that I had a shit physique 30 years ago.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Remember my father in law, used to have a big wide band of elastic sewn in a V shape in the waist at the back of his trousers, reckoned it saved the hassle of buying new trousers ! Seemed to work well enough.
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                      And Tyson could throw a punch.............!
                      He certainly could Ron, and if you study his technique you will understand why. He reverted back to the style of one of the old time "GREATS" Jack Dempsey, a technique that required the use of all an individuals bodyweight put behind every blow, called, "The Stepping Punch" it is a technique that is comparable to the difference you would get between throwing a 7.62 round at the enemy to firing it from the brill SLR. It,s a technique that allows a much lighter pugilist to knockout a much heavier opponent when mastered. Like the old saying, "The harder I train, the luckier I get!"

Comment

Never got in to boxing proper, mi brother Dennis was a cabbage head and boxed for the Navy, we were roughly the same weight, I used to spar with him but never took to it, looking at all of the fairly young guys going down with early onset dementia from what they think was constant trauma to the head/brain, glad I gave it a miss. What little I did pick up was that if you landed a proper punch it travelled through arms, shoulder, spine and down to your anchor foot (left or right). i did not land many of them but when I did I knew it, the Tyson's landed almost every punch correctly, terrifying smacks given their strength.

Comment

Known as "The Sweet Science" Ron with warning sign of "Could cause serious brain damage" Bin lookin fer mine most o mi natural ta see if thiz owt ta damage!

Comment

Working...
                          X