Poor old Bobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor old Bobby

I see Bobby Charlton as dementia now. Not surprising all these old footballers have brain injuries, when you think back to how heavy the bleedin ball was. Especially when the leather used to get wet, it was like heading a big rock. Worst thing was if you heading the bit where it was laced up. Was having a kick around the other day and even with my knackered back i could kick the ball for miles, must be about a tenth the weight of the old balls. Bobby must have had a good leg when he used to score them long range goals.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Re: Poor old Bobby

I think Charlton is about the 5th or 6th player from the world cup win at Wembley who has got dementia, one (forget his name) was only about 58 when he died. Sean Connery's wife said this morning that he had 'had a long battle with dementia before he died'. Sad end to life.

Comment

Jeff Astle was another one that paid for his brilliant headers into the net. He died with brain trouble.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Evidently his dementia is that bad he can't remember the last time United won the league. Mind you, I haven't got dementia I cant remember the last time united won the league. It was so fxckin long ago.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I deffo can,t remember the Blades won the league, 19th century a think?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            I deffo can,t remember the Blades won the league, 19th century a think?
            What did you think of Jeff Astle mate ? He was a God in all our locals.
            Me

Comment

Owd Jeff wuz shit ot Tone, iz goyl won the FA cup fer the Baggies agee=anst Everton. Eee ad an inside forrard called Kaye who wuz also shit ot wi the nut, they wo Butch n Sundance o footy in their prime, bi weth a fukkin fortune in tadays ackers crazy days, n these wo the days o the casey ball, tadays beach ball wudda bin obliterated after them two nutted it.

Comment

Bobby is better off than Jack because he's not with us anymore, a good old lad who never forgot his roots. Mind a lot of blokes said Bobby was stand offish, I didn't think he was ,apart from the fact he was a brilliant player, he was a little bit shy which some people took for being snobbish. But he was no snob , and I feel really sorry for him having dementia because it's a terrible affliction which I wouldn't wish on anyone.
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Owd Jeff wuz shit ot Tone, iz goyl won the FA cup fer the Baggies agee=anst Everton. Eee ad an inside forrard called Kaye who wuz also shit ot wi the nut, they wo Butch n Sundance o footy in their prime, bi weth a fukkin fortune in tadays ackers crazy days, n these wo the days o the casey ball, tadays beach ball wudda bin obliterated after them two nutted it.
                  Them was good owd days for me. The Albion Players used to come in our local because it was trendy...and the fluff flocked in after them....we got their crumbs
                  3 of my mates sisters married Baggies blokes. Bobby Hope a Jock lad...Bry Robson and Asa Hartford. All married local lassies.
                  They was great days.
                  Last edited by trubrit2411; 2 November 2020, 18:44.
                  Me

Comment

That,s when footy wuz a British workingmans spoort Tone, one afternoon gerraway from the naggin missis n grind of manual work ta release all the weeks pent up tension. Few jars wi the lads befoorand, then gu n swear, curse, smoke az many fags tha cud affoord, surrounded wi thi mates avin one big fukk off laff, far away from the drudgery of everyday working poor mans life. Now all gone, team of overrated, overpaid W O G players, foreign managers, many whp can,t speak English, W O G club owners who know sweet fukk all about the game, just a hobby ta brag ta their W O G rich mates.
                    Worrever appened ta the bootiful game? FUKKED, n even worse, the kunts kneel down on the pitch befoor kick off fer that W O G lives matter bollox!
                    Fukk footy! deffo ended fer me!

Comment

That,s when footy wuz a British workingmans spoort Tone, one afternoon gerraway from the naggin missis n grind of manual work ta release all the weeks pent up tension. Few jars wi the lads befoorand, then gu n swear, curse, smoke az many fags tha cud affoord, surrounded wi thi mates avin one big fukk off laff, far away from the drudgery of everyday working poor mans life. Now all gone, team of overrated, overpaid W O G players, foreign managers, many whp can,t speak English, W O G club owners who know sweet fukk all about the game, just a hobby ta brag ta their W O G rich mates.
                      Worrever appened ta the bootiful game? FUKKED, n even worse, the kunts kneel down on the pitch befoor kick off fer that W O G lives matter bollox!
                      Fukk footy! deffo ended fer me!
                      Ever here of a bird named Cat Deeley ? Well it was her auntie that married Bobby Hope. She was a hairdresser .... Yvonne Deeley. Looked like a model. I never knew her though
                      I was mates with her younger bro and her sister.
                      Me

Comment

Working...
                      X