Elfin safety...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elfin safety...

...the most organisations are paralysed these days by H&S. The BBC are known to be shocking for it, but in 1977 John Noakes got stuck in. Absolutely fukkall PPE.

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Elfin safety...

I wouldn't fancy being the cameraman..........

Comment

I'm sure I saw a film years ago where the final scenes skipped between a mortuary where the doctors were surprised to find what looked like a bullet wound to his head,and a mysterious masked sniper aiming at his car.

Comment

Elf n Safety? Wot the fukks that? Deffo not around durin mi time in the roofin game, done some reight dodgy jobs, burrif thaa wunt do it some other kunt wud n collect the ackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
          I'm sure I saw a film years ago where the final scenes skipped between a mortuary where the doctors were surprised to find what looked like a bullet wound to his head,and a mysterious masked sniper aiming at his car.
          Wrong page Pat.

Comment

He's finally lost it Taff...
            HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Could be delayed concussion.
              I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                Wrong page Pat.
                I did wonder?
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Deffo posted it on the George Patton thread,don't know how it jumped!

Comment

I know a lunatic from 29 Commando RA who would go up that with no ladder.

Just shows how far we've come up....or gone down.
                    We are now smothered by that health and safety here and every year it gets worse. Some of it is flat out stupid. Childish. Too many people making a living out peddling a load of bollocks. It has increased the cost of building a house here by at least 40%
                    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                    Me

Comment

Old Fred Dibnah, would have laughed his bollocks off .with some of the daft HS rules today. Remember him dropping a bloody great smoke stack, and sounding an air horn as it was about to go. Nobody hurt, stack dropped, Job Done !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                        Old Fred Dibnah, would have laughed his bollocks off .with some of the daft HS rules today. Remember him dropping a bloody great smoke stack, and sounding an air horn as it was about to go. Nobody hurt, stack dropped, Job Done !
                        repeating myself Bob but I used to get casual work with a demolition firm called Forshaw's near Bolton (knew the brothers who managed it) when i came on leave, met Fred Dibnah a few times, he used to drop the chimneys for the demolition firm, little bloke, lot of cotton mills had closed so a lot of factories to be pulled down. Sat having a butty at one place in Rochdale when he turned up to weigh the chimney up, he noted that the lightning conductor was still attached to the chimney, the copper wire was about 3" thick and from top to bottom must have been about 5 or 6 cwt, worth a bomb then, Fred felt it may disappear, went to his van and got 3 short ladders out about 6@ long. Still do not know how he did it, but he hooked one ladder to a secure point on the chimney then climber the first ladder and hooked the second a bit higher, then a third, then went down for the first and set off to the top that way. Never seen owt like it , so safety ropes just free climbing to the top, never stopped it was remarkable to watch. he released the copper wire on the way up, at the top he chucked the wire down then reversed the ladder procedure coming down taking the top one and hooking it below the bottom one. must have took about a hour, copper in back of his van and gone, just left us gob smacked.

Comment

I have watched him on You Tube. He has some fascinating vids on there. He also has a screw loose LOL
                          I will be watching Fred tonight
                          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                          Me

Comment

Owd Fred wuz gud at buildin stuff az well Tone. Fer iz apprentice piece eee built a complete roof wi Elizabethan stack n the brickwork wuz beautytash!

Comment

Good old lad, sorry to hear of his passing .
                              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                              X