No announcement yet.

The 16th Independent Parachute Brigade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 16th Independent Parachute Brigade.

Originally posted by jim scott View Post
    When was this Don , this was in 58, Corruna Bks, 3 Para, across the road from Maida Gym n Smith Dorrien, similar to the NAAFi, Edycashun was MT 16 Provo was the start o the Company lines running from 16 Provo to the direction o scoff house 5 double story blocks wi A Coy at the top end running to SP Coy at the bottom, working upwards from road ,NAAFI was 1st block Reg sigs n band, 2nd block HQ wallers block, then wooden block Reg HQ, then Occifers mess, scoff house was in same area wi the nick across the road , on the topside
    Don't really know when it was taken Jim, but it would be before Feb 72 when the officers mess was bombed.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

The building you indicated as the mess was in fact the Brigade Hq Don,the occifer's messes being off the picture to the left. I don't know when the pic would've been taken but I note the 'covered way' open ended hangar type struture that each barrack had covering the area behind the company offices isn't there. Don't know when these went up but were there in '82 when we moved there from Tidworth.

Comment

No need to have a go at Don. He's not a young man anymore.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
          The building you indicated as the mess was in fact the Brigade Hq Don,the occifer's messes being off the picture to the left. I don't know when the pic would've been taken but I note the 'covered way' open ended hangar type struture that each barrack had covering the area behind the company offices isn't there. Don't know when these went up but were there in '82 when we moved there from Tidworth.
          Well spotted Pat, correct again.

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
          No need to have a go at Don. He's not a young man anymore.
          That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

Comment

An excuse most of us on here can use,but just putting my old air photo interpretation cadre to use at last!

Comment

You don't need to identical photos and a pair of specs on stilts to do that Pat, just get pissed and stare at it !
              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

An excuse most of us on here can use,but just putting my old air photo interpretation cadre to use at last!
                How many courses did you manage to do before you left Pat?
                It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                  Don't really know when it was taken Jim, but it would be before Feb 72 when the officers mess was bombed.
                  It was the new Oficers mess that was bombed Don? sorry I always assumed it was the old Corruna mess that was bombed, mate Jimmy Grant's wife was killed there

Comment

Originally posted by RAB View Post
                    How many courses did you manage to do before you left Pat?
                    Too many Rab,the only ones useful to me out here were the ones done at the RE school Chatham. Carpentry/joinery,Bricklaying/Concreting,Signwriting,Plant operator. Then there were my licences up to HGV1. But the ability to plan,construct,and run ranges up to 120mm Wombat and Milan missile hasn't come in handy at all!

Comment

Too many Rab,the only ones useful to me out here were the ones done at the RE school Chatham. Carpentry/joinery,Bricklaying/Concreting,Signwriting,Plant operator. Then there were my licences up to HGV1. But the ability to plan,construct,and run ranges up to 120mm Wombat and Milan missile hasn't come in handy at all!
                      You were a one man pie in ear platoon.

Comment

Never got my Shark Wrestler badge though!

Comment

Working...
                        X