Kiel Canal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiel Canal...

...just been reminded this is the anniversary of Kiel Canal, with XV and1V Para losses on this day 1974 at the Kiel Canal.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Kiel Canal...

R.I.P. Lads.

Comment

RIP Guys
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

RIP Gentlemen.
        2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

RIP lads.
          I have often wondered what it must have been like to hit that water in the dark.... and have that container drag them straight down.
          Did any blokes that went into the canal actually get away with it ? Get themselves up and to the bank ?

Ten did then.... 16 went in.

Ex Soldiers from 1 Para, 2 Para, 3 Para, The Parachute Regiment and 10 Para made up 5 Company Home Service Force (HSF) also included were 33 Artillery, Bridage and Air Despatch, we were part of 10 Para at Duke of Yorks Barracks, Kings Road Chelsea, London. Formed in 1982 by the Thatcher Government, The Home Service Force (HSF) was intended purely as a Home Defence unit to be use to guard key points throughout the UK against sabotage which was thought might come from the Spetznez (Russian Special Forces) or any other source for that matter,The HSF was a limited commitment section of the Territorial Army/Reserves and its members were personnel who had previously served in the armed forces, These ex-service personnel brought with them a broad and varied military experience including seeing action in most of the trouble spots around the world since the Korean War.
          Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 September 2020, 13:19.
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

RIP lads. Sadly many minor and major mistakes led to a tragedy. As with all early deaths of young people you wonder what they may have become. Condolences to their families and friends.

Comment

RIP all of you.

Comment

Working...
              X