HOW TIME FLIES....BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TIME FLIES....BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

This week end August the 6th 2009............................

We remember and honour Corporal Kevin Mulligan aged 25 years...............SFSG 1 PARA
    Lance Corporal Dale Hopkins aged 23 years ..........................................SFSG 1 PARA
    Private Kyle Adams aged 21 years............................................. ..........SFSG 1 PARA

of The Parachute Regiment who were killed in action at Lashkar Gah, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
    RIP to them all, what an absolute waste.

Re: HOW TIME FLIES....BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

RIP gents

Comment

RIP Lads, you won't be forgotten
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

rest in peace lads, i must say a complete and utter waste of young lions.
        shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

R.I.P.Lads.

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

RIP Lads.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

RIP. Brothers.
                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

RIP ​Lads.

Comment

RIP
                    2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gil View Post
                      This week end August the 6th 2009............................

We remember and honour Corporal Kevin Mulligan aged 25 years...............SFSG 1 PARA
                      Lance Corporal Dale Hopkins aged 23 years ..........................................SFSG 1 PARA
                      Private Kyle Adams aged 21 years............................................. ..........SFSG 1 PARA

of The Parachute Regiment who were killed in action at Lashkar Gah, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
                      RIP to them all, what an absolute waste.
                      How did this happen Gil. Ambush ? Assault ? On Patrol ?
                      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                      Me

Comment

It was Op Herrick in Helmand 6/9/2009 when their Jackal hit an IED............tragic waste, and shows the protection some kit afforded them doing their roll!!!

Comment

R.I P lads and God bless your loved ones who are still grieving .

Comment

I remember having a chat with an RAF helicopter pilot I knew from way back at that time. Very few helicopters available to the lads so they moved from shithole to shithole in inadequate vehicles. Its hard to IED a helicopter. this RAF bloke said that there were more helicopters sitting around in Hampshire (doing f**k all) than there were in Helmand. He says they used to chase MoD up to get the Chinooks and other helicopters out there but says they were always met with some ready made technical reason why they could not be shipped out 'just yet'. He figured it was the bean counters who did not like the idea of using 'expensive helicopters as a taxi service for the infantry'. I rest mi case M'Lud, shoot the c**ts!

Comment

Nothing makes any sense looking back at the Helmand period of the war.
                              What an absolute waste of so many young lives many personal friends of mine through my son.
                              2 PARA and 3 PARA always seemed to be at the sharp end and in the worst areas, and lost lots of lads.....................for what, maybe I'm just cynical!!

I do remember the lads when we were on the lash on R&R saying the helis they had over heated too easily and they relied heavily on the yansk for nearly everything.

Used to think the same when we were being rotated over and over, once three times in a year to NI. Often thought do I want to do this for 22 years, and we lost a lot of lads there too, but at least we had some cracking ACC pilots and heli's in the form of Gazelles/Sioux's/Scouts and RAF Pumas occasionally!

Comment

Working...
                              X