X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total...

...devastation:

bna.jpg
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Total...

Don,t think ad fancy that flavour Don!

Comment

I wonder if they are any nearer to solving that explosion ? Surely that Ammonium Nitrate can not be that dangerous. That volatile that you can not store it in warehouse. Any of you 9 Sqn blower uppers know anything on this exploding gear ?
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

I notice Steve F's very quiet ..

Comment

As I said on the other thread about it Tone,just about anything in powdered form will explode given the right conditions,ie get it airborne and ignite it. Flour is a good one,and a mate of mine got badly burned renovating an old flour mill,,when he wac cutting through a six inch delivery pipe with an angle grinder and boom,big ball of flame which melted his yellow safety vest and helmet onto him. Even cement dust will go off with a bang if in the right mix of dust and oxygen,so once the fire started in the Beirut warehouse and the stuff was fluttering about in the smoke and flames,it was ripe for the big bang,which was the primer for the even more humongous bigger bang that wiped the place out.

Comment

If you can light a fart you can light owt!

Comment

Methane that explodes from thi ring piece Ron az tha noze bein an ex underground savage iz very explosive. Thi worra prog on the gogglebox a while agu weer a geezer built a shack out in the cuds n iz cooker wuz run on fart gas. Eee built iz outdoor shithouse waste piped inta a storage tank that wuz piped inta iz gas cooker n it worked like a dream. "Save Energy, Bottle Thi Farts!"

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                I wonder if they are any nearer to solving that explosion ? Surely that Ammonium Nitrate can not be that dangerous. That volatile that you can not store it in warehouse. Any of you 9 Sqn blower uppers know anything on this exploding gear ?
                Tony, apparently the AN decomposed and this produces nitrous oxide, (yes laughing gas). This is not flammable, but at elevated temperatures it "...strongly supports combustion...", think about the drag racers (no Pat, not those), using in their speed attempts. I think the reason is looking to be an accident, compounded by the negligence of improperly storing the chemical, especially in such large quantities. When i think if the size of the craters we used to leave by burying around 1cwt bags of the properly formulated and initiated stuff, it's a good job this lot was on the surface or it would have been a massively bigger bang.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Thank you gentlemen ... I see Wig and Dave are major contributors with their usual innovative....groundbreaking 1Para... Einstein like level of technical input.

Fookin' Brill
                  Me

Comment

I even managed to lite my ciggies in the bleak Southern winds of FI... With mytrustyzippopetrolcombo..no mean feat...
                    HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Karson View Post
                      I even managed to lite my ciggies in the bleak Southern winds of FI... With mytrustyzippopetrolcombo..no mean feat...
                      I just realised Kit....You blokes were there in Winter

Me

Comment

Got a tad cold now and then matey
                        HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Especially on the tab from Teal inlet to Estancia House! Two nights in the snow with no doss bags,then 3 nights on Longdon with no doss bags,hardly noticed it was winter at all Tone!

Comment

Yeah Pat, you had your grime and gunge to keep you warm
                            HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Must have been bitter cold....with no sleeping bags.
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X