Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some advice from one that knows .

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
    no, bloke calls it a rebore. Think they use lasers, hope he's got a steady hand.
    That's what my my consultant (Professor) called the procedure

Good luck on the ops Steve
    Last edited by jackw102; 7 July 2020, 15:03.

Comment

Keep yer chin up mate.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Update..doc just rang me and he's sending me for a guided injection into my spine. Evidently they inject a dye first so they can see exactly where to stick the needle. Hopefully it will calm back down for awhile. Meanwhile he's put me on waiting list for back op. Said it will take some time as, backs, knees hips etc are not considered urgent at the moment. Obviously, that decision was made by someone who hasn't got a fxcked back. Twat. Still, you've got to laugh. Well, you haven't got to but you may as well.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Good luck Stephen, wife has back trouble, no exaggeration to say it literally crippled her, I hope you fare better

Comment

Ope all guz well Steve

Comment

Best of luck with that mate. They will see you ok. Things are on the up and up these days in the Medical world.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

Update..doc just rang me and he's sending me for a guided injection into my spine. Evidently they inject a dye first so they can see exactly where to stick the needle. Hopefully it will calm back down for awhile. Meanwhile he's put me on waiting list for back op. Said it will take some time as, backs, knees hips etc are not considered urgent at the moment. Obviously, that decision was made by someone who hasn't got a fxcked back. Twat. Still, you've got to laugh. Well, you haven't got to but you may as well.
                As a fellow sufferer mate, you have my sympathies. This getting old shit is...well shit.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

We can only content ourselves with the thought that the only thing worse than getting old, is not living long enough to get old, mate. And, drink a lot.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Hope you get all of this sorted out sooner rather than later Steve
                    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

We can only content ourselves with the thought that the only thing worse than getting old, is not living long enough to get old, mate. And, drink a lot.
                      Very true Steve.
                      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Well I drank a lot over the last few days in Cambridge,at great expense as it's very near £5 a pint there,but was glad to find I hadn't lost the technique of lifting hand to gob after a dry 4 months or so! The back played up the last 2 nights,going into spasms at 3 in the morning,just hoping it was the bed or the weird chairs in the house we stayed in that were not my normal seating position. Don't want it to be yet another problem developing!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                          Well I drank a lot over the last few days in Cambridge,at great expense as it's very near £5 a pint there,but was glad to find I hadn't lost the technique of lifting hand to gob after a dry 4 months or so! The back played up the last 2 nights,going into spasms at 3 in the morning,just hoping it was the bed or the weird chairs in the house we stayed in that were not my normal seating position. Don't want it to be yet another problem developing!
                          Seriously???? £5 a pint - I am so so sooooo old - I actually complained when the price went above 50p and my old man told me to grow up, he was upset when it went above thrupence a pint!! He blamed the decimal system - when they asked for sixpence a pint, he said that is more than a shilling!! But honestly Pat, I must be so out of it - we don’t get pint draft here in Angola but I don’t pay more than 30p for a bottle or tin of beer - I don’t smoke but the cigarettes are less that 50p for a pack of 20 - I recently had to by some for some doctors in quarantine - oxymoron or what... I just bought 2 bottles of decent wine today at about £3.50 a bottle - I am real close to retiring and I know that £5 a pint is not in the calculation......
                          I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Bit of excitement last night. Sitting watching telly about 8 o clock when I felt liquid running down my leg. Checked it out and found a leak in my urine bag. Not having a bike puncture kit, I stick a plaster on it but after a few minutes it started leaking again. Thought I better nip to the hospital and get it changed. Back is so bad I can't sit down so decided to do the 30 minute walk. By the time I got there trouser leg and sock are soaked in piss. Woman on the reception said a nurse will be down soon. Half hour later a nurse wanders in with a handful of bags and says help yourself, turns round and fxcks off. Went into a toilet and spent ages trying to find the right fit out of all the different bags. Staggered home, soaked in piss and back killing thinking, 'Ive had better nights,'

Comment

You'd have been better off with one of those taps they gave me Steve. Just turn it on whenever you want a piss,no bag to leak or drag around. Mind you it can be embarrassing when it comes off on the way to the shop in the car and you walk in soaked from the waist down,but they get used to it eventually!

Comment

Bit of excitement last night. Staggered home, soaked in piss and back killing thinking, 'Ive had better nights,'
                                Not your best night out then
                                Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Working...
                                X