25 year old RN kid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 year old RN kid...

....with his own Submarine. I give you HMS Venturer.

HMS Venturer was a Second World War British submarine of the V class that sank two German U-boats and five merchant ships during the war. Following the war, the boat was sold to Norway and was renamed HNoMS Utstein. She was discarded in 1964. HMS Venturer (P68) - WikiMili, The Best Wikipedia Reader

Last edited by trubrit2411; 5 July 2020, 00:04.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: 25 year old RN kid...

Only a few years ago the wreck of the German submarine was identified as the main source of mercury pollution in the north Atlantic,as the containers of mercury broke down. The job of recovering them was too expensive and complex so a scheme was thought up to encase the wreck and surrounding debris field in concrete,which would take years and millions of quids,which I think is still ongoing.

Comment

That will get in the fish wont it....for miles
      Me

Comment

I seem to remember there was a fishing ban for miles around the wreck because of the toxicity. Your guts would fall to bits eating them I would say!

Comment

Some reight shite lyin around on the sea floor around our shores. Plenty o wrecks off the North East coast weer a now live including a WW1 German Sub n plenty o unused ordance dumped after WW11, after a high tide Bomb Disposal often av ta attend ta soort out stuff weshed up on Blast Beach. Used ta work wi owd Bert who wuz called up near the end o WW11 fer National Service, sed eee spent most of iz time tekkin unused ordnance n chemicals out in boo-ats ta dump inta the North Sea. "Fish supper anybody?"

Comment

i enjoyed reading that tone a true officer a ist class chap. good job well done.
            shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Talking about the RN I was on an Argie / Falklands War Video on You Tube, just to read and laugh at the comments by Argie Loons, bouncing off the walls calling Kit Karson / Pat Harley and Co every name under the sun. They were on about the amount of ships they hit. So I googled it. I was surprised at how many ships did get pranged and the number of Navy lads and Royal Fleet Auxiliaries that got got killed. Plus those Marines in the Landing craft. I had no idea the Forza De Aire got to them that much, and how many lives and how much kit was lost.
              Me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                Some reight shite lyin around on the sea floor around our shores. Plenty o wrecks off the North East coast weer a now live including a WW1 German Sub n plenty o unused ordance dumped after WW11, after a high tide Bomb Disposal often av ta attend ta soort out stuff weshed up on Blast Beach. Used ta work wi owd Bert who wuz called up near the end o WW11 fer National Service, sed eee spent most of iz time tekkin unused ordnance n chemicals out in boo-ats ta dump inta the North Sea. "Fish supper anybody?"
                I wonder whats down there all over the world Dave ? Sunk since we first jumped in a hollowed out tree trunk ?
                All that loot everybody ripped off everybody for ever. Gold Silver Jewels.....
                Me

Comment

Tha shud see the stuff found on the Thames foreshore at low tide Tone. 2000 years o history lost or lobbed inta the big river, thiz a group o geezers called "Mudlarks" who constantly search the shoreline n tha dunt even need a hurdy gurdy n the stuff thi find iz unbelievable. Artefacts reight thru history includin WW11 ordnance. Also quite a few handguns that av bin lobbed after the deadly deed az bin dun.

Comment

Working...
                  X