9 Sqn Swimming team 1971

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Sqn Swimming team 1971

Don it would be 71 mate, Sam Hesketh joined us when we went to Kenya in 1970, Nobby Macey, and I travelled with Sam by rail from Nairobi to Mombasa. And he turned out to be a good bloke. Dave did quite well for himself he and I were both full screws at the time this was taken. Then he went through the ranks, gained a commission and finished as a Captain, still never changed him, he's the same nature now as when he was a Tom fifty years ago. 9 Sqn 71.jpg
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Re: 9 Sqn Swimming team 1971

9 Sqn were providing 'safety cover' when we were doing an infantry river crossing on Hawley Lake. They had two rescue boats, it was winter, firkin freezing, mi cock shrank to 8", all my stuff in a gas cape which was supposed to float, started to sink halfway across, where the f**k was the 9 Sqn water polo team then, tossers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
      9 Sqn were providing 'safety cover' when we were doing an infantry river crossing on Hawley Lake. They had two rescue boats, it was winter, firkin freezing, mi cock shrank to 8", all my stuff in a gas cape which was supposed to float, started to sink halfway across, where the f**k was the 9 Sqn water polo team then, tossers!!!
      Sitting in the warm with a brew on, Ron.
      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

cpl p guerin was one of the 9 sqn lads who taught us demolitions. i loved it. i cannot remember the sgt who was with him a big funny lad who loved to blow things up.
        shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Originally posted by billy meikle View Post
          cpl p guerin was one of the 9 sqn lads who taught us demolitions. i loved it. i cannot remember the sgt who was with him a big funny lad who loved to blow things up.
          that description could be anyone in 9 Sqn, Billy.
          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

That and drunken donkey fighting in the Roundabout Club....
            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
            Me

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
              Ron, they obviously didn't want their cocks to shrink past 8" inches mate .
              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Cpl Pete (Gurney) Guerin, died last year Billy. As Steve said, we all loved blowing things up.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                  Cpl Pete (Gurney) Guerin, died last year Billy. As Steve said, we all loved blowing things up.

sad he like most ABN they loved to do the job and have a laugh while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
                    that description could be anyone in 9 Sqn, Billy.

aye indeed steve

Comment

You dreaded coming back from places like Yantlet, after blowing up things with booby traps. Because the crappers at Haig Lines became a no go zone, with pull,pressure and release hidden under seats,doors, and other places to catch the unwary. So if you badly needed a shit run over to the North Horns pub, and even then Beware !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                      X