Alnwick Rum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alnwick Rum

Just thought I'd share this with you, I've never heard of Anwick Rum. Untill I received it as a birthday present along with a bottle of Asbach Brandy, for those who have been to Germany, the Asbach distillery at Rudishiem is well worth a visit. It is opposite the Railway Station so it's easy to find, take the tour they tell you at the end drink as much as you like of the samples but please leave the the glasses on the trays when finished.
    The rum I had to open and try a snifter, it was to tempting sitting their all capped up, it was worth it very nice. There is a brand of rum called WOODS, and an ex matelot I knew said it was the next best thing to RN rum issue, never tried it but I suppose when this little lot is finished I might just give it a try for comparison, I've seen it for sale in Sainsburys think it was about £22.00 quid a bottle.
    Asbach.jpg AlnwickRum.jpg
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Re: Alnwick Rum

Enjoy Bob!

Comment

I've tried the odd snifter of Woods Bob and they're right it's the nearest you'll get to navy or G10 rum. There's one they make over here,McKibbens,that's very close as well. It disappeared for a while,then they started making it again about 10 yrs back.

Comment

Enjoy it Bob. I wouldn't go near it. In Cyprus when the bar used to shut for a couple of hours in the afternoon, we used to buy a pint of rum to tide us over. Now just the smell is enough to make me throw up. It's the only drink that has that effect on me. I can still recall one of the lads hanging from a ceiling fan as it spun around, trying to shit in a pint pot on the floor. Mind you, that was just normal Sqn behaviour, can't really blame the rum for that.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

LOL ... I am the same with rum. I got pissed on Rum after the 65 NABBA Mr Britain Show at the Victoria Palace Theatre in London. I never did again. From that day to this. I was 17. It was coming back up under pressure.
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

Did tha see mi duin mi stuff Tone? The gud owd days!

Comment

Did you enter that competition in 65 then Dave ? A guy called Billy Gray, from my old club at Newbiggin went in for that, I was in the mob then so didn't get a chance to go and see it.
              Last edited by bob9739; 4 June 2020, 10:55.
              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I was in the Junior Britain Finals Bob held same venue and same time so would probably rubbed shoulders with im.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                  Did tha see mi duin mi stuff Tone? The gud owd days!
                  You must have been in the Juniors then. Cant remember who won. Was it Paul Nash ?
                  Me

Comment

Paul Nash won class 1 Universe a think Tone n Eric Willets from your neck o the woods won the Juniors.

Comment

Was'nt it you ....Eric Willets and another kid can't remember his name maybe Mark Hammill or summat always sweeping the board ?
                      Me

Comment

Them wo the days Tone! Eric Willets wuz a draughtsman, Mark Hamill wuz in Crossroo-ads n I ended up in 1 Para on mi path ta stardom but 56 fukkin years later still fukkin waitin!

Comment

Aaahhh,you'll always be Val's little star Dave!!

Comment

Don,t know about that Pat, think she,d like ta see mi az a shooting star!

Comment

Aye,she'd be doing the shooting!!

Comment

Working...
                              X