The Harrying of The North.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Harrying of The North.....

.....By Wilyum the Conkerer. What a mean barstard he woz. I never heard of this before now

One for Dave Burgess here.....

"Independent archaeological evidence supports the massive destruction and displacement of people. The archaeologist Richard Ernest Muir wrote that there was evidence for the "violent disruption [that] took place in Yorkshire in 1069–71, in the form of hoards of coins which were buried by the inhabitants."[26] B.K. Roberts in his book The Making of the English Village, suggests the reason that large numbers of villages have been laid out in regular pattern in Durham and Yorkshire, was through a restructuring at a single point in time, as opposed to natural settlement growth.

So study the Harrying and get hurdy gurdying mate ...I bet there are tons of coin hoards out there. That got buried and then the owners got put to the sword.

Last edited by trubrit2411; 4 May 2020, 05:48.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: The Harrying of The North.....

Think av already found one or two o them Tone, but shhhhh, don,t tell any fukker.

Comment

Re: The Harrying of The North.....

Wish somebody had found the silver sixpence I lost which was change from the shop. got a good hammering for that. Parents can be quite unreasonable at times !
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
      X