Jim (Ned) Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim (Ned) Kelly

Lifted this shocking news of a 3 PARA legend and friend, from fudbook.

His son Jamie, posted last night that Ned had been taken to hospital with Sepsis.

It is with great sadness and a broken heart that I have to inform you that my Dad passed away today after a short and unexpected illness. My mother and I were able to see him before he passed albeit he was not conscious. He will be sorely missed by all of his family, friends and the Airborne brotherhood.

I don’t have the words to share at this time to describe what he meant to me and his family. In these difficult times in lockdown and not being able to give him the send off we would like.

Could I please ask that those that new him to share a story or memory of how you remember Ned Kelly. This will help us as a family to look back on in these times and also in the future.

Sleep easy Dad until I meet you again. I love you with everything I have and will remember you everyday.

I love you so much Dad
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Jim (Ned) Kelly

R.I.P. Ned.

Comment

Rest In Peace Ned
      I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Lovely words Jamie, you and your Dad and family obviously had a wonderful relationship, deeply sorry to hear of his passing, but he will never leave your memories and thoughts. Sincere condolences

Comment

R.I.P Ned

Comment

Ned,RIP bud you have a great diamond calling the shots.

Comment

sending condolences to the family and friends of Ned rest in peace
              shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

R.I.P. Ned
                Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

RIP​ Ned.

Comment

RIP Ned
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

R.I.P. Ned old mate. As you say Don a legend!

Comment

R.I.P. Ned

Comment

Went through Depot with Ned !!! a great Lad RIP .Utrinque Paratus.
                          2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

R.I.P Ned

Comment

Good morning all

Firstly I would like to apologise that this post is not a short one. I will try and be as brief as I can!

From my family, Andrea Kelly, Tracey Kelly, Dads Sisters, Grandchildren, brother and sister in laws, nieces and nephews. I would like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for your kind words of condolences. For me personally I have taken great comfort in your messages. Knowing how much he is loved, respected and thought off will certainly help me/us in the coming days, weeks, months and years ahead. We are all very blessed through my Dad's career, sacrifices and achievements to be part of the Airborne Forces family.

I have supported this family over the years in helping raise funds by doing a couple of physical challenges and social events. Having seen first hand the impact that these organisations can have on Airborne families in there times of need i felt it was the least I could do.

I have now personally experienced the actual impact that these organisations that I and my family have supported over the years were set up for.

I would like to thank the British Airborne Forces Club (BAFC) for contacting my family and to Richard Stacey and Tommy Simpson remember our fallen fund, which has been a great comfort to me personally. Being able to visit and reflect on special benches on Flagstaff, visiting the cemetery where there are hundreds of names of fallen paratroopers.

Knowing my Dad will be remembered on the Mount Longdon Bench alongside his comrades and last but not least the recent Statue put up in Princess Gardens where I can also reflect and remember my Dad and many others we have lost over the years and will lose in the coming years.

I suppose the comforting fact and now the true realisation that my Dad is no longer with us. But knowing he will always be remembered for decades to come, and I, his family and friends (non military and military) can visit anytime to remember and have time to reflect is so powerful.

Please keep up the good work gents. Your work is truly powerful and will have such an impact on many more families in the years to come. For his family and friends there will be many dark days ahead as we try and come to terms with my Dad's death. But without a shadow of doubt, I know he would definitely want us to celebrate his life with happy memories rather than sad thoughts.

I hear the word legend and hero branded around very easily these days. You can only be a hero if you have been prepared to die or have died for someone or something. A legend is someone who excels in what they do. (My personnel views). To me my dad is a hero from his military service having been prepared to lay down his life on Mount Longdon in the Falklands War and he is a legend for being a good paratrooper. As well as being a legend for being a genuine man.

Life is precious, tell your loved ones everyday that you love them.

I look forward to meeting up with many of you in the not to distant future to share a beer and remember the man that is Ned Kelly x
                              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Working...
                              X