William (Blue)Lomax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: William (Blue)Lomax

The Bolton Branch of the Parachute Regimental Association form up on Overdale Drive today to say farewell to their Precedent William (Blue) Lomax. Who sadly passed away on the 12th of April 2020, it would not be fair not to mention a few things about Blue so here are my memories of blue.
    1 around 3 years ago we went to the infantry training centre catterick to attend the passing off parade of the current group of young heroes who would be joining 2 para and off to Afghanistan, anyway after a full day travelling and looking round the ITC we ended up in the corporals mess having the odd drink or two, I left the same time as Blue and Norman Ward however I lost sight of them when I did find them they were trying to break into the trinasium (Assault course for the sober and brave) both Norman and Blue were having a heated conversation who would be faster I wondered who would fall off first one was 73 ish and the other was 82 ish the trinasium is meant for 18 to 30 ish year olds.
    The second occasion was last year both myself and blue on the Saturday went for a walk round town and as you do stopped at a café in Arnhem Town Centre and had the odd coffee chatting about the break away and the displays of arnhem over the celebration, a few times some of the other customer’s bought us a drink saying you both are very brave, after around two hours sat there we had to leave and meet the others at the Pegasus bar as we went to leave a young man stopped us and said its very brave of you both to come out at your age, it was then when the penny dropped the bar was for male gays couples only, we said we would not tell the others well not for now.
    In short Blue was a person you only meet once in any life sleep well old friend you will be missed for a long time.
    Please add any funny stories you have of Blue Lomax

Dave Sharkey
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jackw102; 23 April 2020, 13:59.

Comment

Working...
    X