Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FAO truebrit

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
    Tony, his arse is bad enough. She said diez e siete, and even in my long forgotten Spanish that's $17. That'll be the tourist price, i doubt the locals would pay anything like that.
    You are right 17 bucks. They use the US dollar as a currency down there. I have a couple of mates who have moved to Cuenca. They really dig it. Living is cheap. Houses and what not. People are nice. The only thing that gets to the one is a lot of rain. Thats what feeds the Amazon and the rain forest though. I considered it me self for a while. Quite a few have done a runner to Costa Rica and Vietnam as well. Got a mate from Upminster in 'nam now.
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 April 2020, 16:00.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

Wonder if they would appreciate a bag of Winkles, snot on a pin I love them !
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
        Wonder if they would appreciate a bag of Winkles, snot on a pin I love them !
        Cheaper than 17 dollars for a guinea pig. Fooked if I would pay that. Must have been a "here comes a dumb greengo" price. :0) Wonder if you can get them battered ?
        Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 April 2020, 23:19.
        Me

Comment

Bit of a difference in price Tone, a newspaper cone full of winkles plus a pin was an old threpenny bit mate.
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
            Bit of a difference in price Tone, a newspaper cone full of winkles plus a pin was an old threpenny bit mate.
            I used to love 'em. Mussels ...whelks. Gobble 'em down. It was a salesman's dream. The punters were drunk. lol
            "Goo on.....me fower on 'um".
            Me

Comment

Remember the bloke used to have one of those cards full of pins stuck to his sleeve when he came round the pub.

Comment

When I was a babe in arms there was a war going on in West Brom over who got what boozers for which mussel vendors and it got really violent. My owd mon got dragged into it and came close to a load of porridge after his mate got dragged out of his caravan and hammered on the canal towpath. Those mussel pitches were very lucrative and basicly untaxable. They were guarded jealously. My owd mon never did it but he said there was always some mini Mafia trying to take over. All ex Service men with a history of well practiced state sponsored violence in the late forties early fifties.
                Me

Comment

Not surprised at that Tone, "Peaky Blinder" land n at present reading a book about the "Real" Peaky Blinders guin back ta the late 19th Century. Some reight fukkin hoodlums in Brum as in the fictional gogglebox series but main hood at the time wuz Billy Kimber not Tommy Shelby.

Comment

Working...
                  X