FAO truebrit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FAO truebrit

Drop o cider in Bill n it,s flaming arseoyles time!

Comment

The old black velvet there Dave, many a pitman enjoyed one of them after a rough shift mate.
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Deffo a Brill drink Bob n quick shortcut ta gerrin pissed!

Comment

My mate 3 Para Geordie Stan Richards said it was sacrilege to pollute Guinness (the God of beer) with anything else. He used to wait until the last bubble had gone from the top and it had settled before he raised it. He was truly a conoisseur.... I see him bollock many a bar maid for screwin' it up. "Treat it with the respect it deserves !!!! he used to say.
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

I remember the Wetherspoons opening in Dover,and I went in to sample the Guinness. The barman grabbed a glass,squirted a perfectly acceptable looking pint into it in about 10 seconds,slapped it on the bar and said "That'll be the best you ever tasted!" My reply was "If you'd served it that way in my village you'd've been hung!" The black nectar should take 7 1/2 minutes to pour,in several stages,with settlement time between each,hence the oft asked question after asking for a pint,"Would you like a wee dram while you wait?" In England drinkers weren't prepared to wait,so Guinness developed a quick pouring pump,and slightly altered recipe to allow for this. The pint in question was actually all right,although not "The best" and I drank many more there over the next year or so!
            My worst ever pint of Guinness was also in Dover,when I went into 'The Roman Quay',asked for Guinness,and on lifting the pint could smell vinegar. Took a sip,and informed the barman it was dodgy,so he poured another,same result! He protested "But that couple over there have been supping it all day!" They were f.ckin' French,on a day trip,and as such would drink your piss probably! Never entered that establishment again in the 5 yrs or so we spent there!

Comment

Murphys meks a nice change az well.

Comment

Funny thing about Murphys is it doesn't turn yer shit black!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                  I remember the Wetherspoons opening in Dover,and I went in to sample the Guinness. The barman grabbed a glass,squirted a perfectly acceptable looking pint into it in about 10 seconds,slapped it on the bar and said "That'll be the best you ever tasted!" My reply was "If you'd served it that way in my village you'd've been hung!" The black nectar should take 7 1/2 minutes to pour,in several stages,with settlement time between each,hence the oft asked question after asking for a pint,"Would you like a wee dram while you wait?" In England drinkers weren't prepared to wait,so Guinness developed a quick pouring pump,and slightly altered recipe to allow for this. The pint in question was actually all right,although not "The best" and I drank many more there over the next year or so!
                  My worst ever pint of Guinness was also in Dover,when I went into 'The Roman Quay',asked for Guinness,and on lifting the pint could smell vinegar. Took a sip,and informed the barman it was dodgy,so he poured another,same result! He protested "But that couple over there have been supping it all day!" They were f.ckin' French,on a day trip,and as such would drink your piss probably! Never entered that establishment again in the 5 yrs or so we spent there!
                  When i had the pub, i had a couple of paddy customers, they said the Guinness was fine. I didn't clean the pipes every week as recommended and they always said it was good. After a few months, about 6, my bottle went and i thought i better clean them. They said the Guinness was very different and not as good. If it ain't broke...

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                  Murphys meks a nice change az well.
                  I don't like that very much, caught a fukker in a pub flogging it as Guinness.
                  "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Tha can deffo tell the difference Don cos az thi say "Practice meks perfect!"

Comment

The best pint of Guinness I have ever tasted was in County Cavan in 88 on a fishing week,the barman would pour us two pints each as the first would not touch the sides as it was like treacle.
                      It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

I've got four cans of Guiness Draught in the kitchen cupboard, this talk of booze has given me a thirst think I'll go and polish them off .
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by RAB View Post
                          The best pint of Guinness I have ever tasted was in County Cavan in 88 on a fishing week,the barman would pour us two pints each as the first would not touch the sides as it was like treacle.
                          Same ere Rab but in Athlone on the River Shanon, went fer a week with a few lads from the gym who were keen maggot drowners. Not interested mesen so spent a couple a days at Galway, wuz only 16 but wall ta wall Irish growler ta peruse, but wot a found unique in Athlone wuz that every shop tha went in even the chemist ad a small bar in the corner wi Guinness on tap n like tha sez beautytash like suppin treacle

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                            Drop o cider in Bill n it,s flaming arseoyles time!

been there done that dave, the civies have no idea about us ABN types
                            shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Originally posted by billy meikle View Post
                              been there done that dave, the civies have no idea about us ABN types
                              Complete waste of breath trying to talk to a Civvy about the the I6th Ind..... thats for sure.
                              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                              Me

Comment

Loved the old Brigade, could never understand why anybody would want to bollocks up a cohesive operational ready unit. If it ain't broke why fix it !
                                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                                X