Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading the gliders .... for the big one

Starts at 1.38]
    I wonder how many of these young men were struck off ration strength fourteen days later.

Unissued / unused material - dates and location unclear or unknown.Various shots around Invasion beach heads. Sunk tanks and landing craft on beach.Bren gun ...
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 19 March 2020, 23:37.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: Loading the gliders .... for the big one

When you think about the amount of organisation that went in to a Bn drop, D Day organisation was mind boggling. I froze the clip when it showed the lads a briefing and their faces were no different to the ones you would see today, and no doubt lots of 'butterflies' in stomachs. Wonder what they would make of the UK today?

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
      When you think about the amount of organisation that went in to a Bn drop, D Day organisation was mind boggling. I froze the clip when it showed the lads a briefing and their faces were no different to the ones you would see today, and no doubt lots of 'butterflies' in stomachs. Wonder what they would make of the UK today?
      Wig.... Whats happened in the Western world would bemuse them lads in that video if they could come back. The ones that were killed in action I mean. We would be hard done to explain it to them. They come from a moment in time where eminent common sense ruled the day. This Political Correctness we endure today would rock their heads back I bet.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Be a few in the nick az well Tone fer twattin the present crop o unruly cheeky bastards!

Comment

Working...
        X