• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fandance20

Gent's Fandance has been postponed.

Fandance 2020
    Guys
    Under the current Covid-19 issues it is in the best interests of everyone that the event is postponed.
    I realise that many of you won’t like this decision but, believe me, it is the right choice. Quite apart from the instructions of the Govt., I have seen the Pathology of this virus and it’s affects on the lungs - it’s overwhelming and not something that anyone wants to catch and pass on.
    So, by making the decision now many of you will be able to be reimbursed for your accommodation. Postponing means that, hopefully, the virus peak expected between May and June will be avoided.
    Nick and I will work together to re-arrange the event if possible but that is unlikely to be before July/August. As the virus may revisit in the winter months the 10 Miler may also be a victim - we live in uncertain times. One thing is certain though, this virus, for which there is currently no vaccine or cure, is deadly.
    Keep safe everyone.
    Last edited by Don the Mod; 17 March 2020, 14:07.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Fandance20

Every cloud and all that,this might mean I'll be able to attend a later event,as I have a (possible) wedding to attend in May. That's if the Covid doesn't get me of course!

Comment

Tha gerrin Sam n Harry,d Pat?

Comment

No,TLO's oldest son is,though it's in doubt now if the government ban gatherings and non essential travel. Also their honeymoon,in Bali via Singapore looks iffy!

Comment

That destination deffo looks iffy Pat, worra bastard fer em. Mind you, the way things o guin the Market Tavern in Durham iz lookin iffy!

Comment

I'll bring my chainsaw; we'll get in one way or another.

Comment

Very sensible decision Don
              Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

I Concur !!
                2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Taff Loxton View Post
                  I Concur !!
                  this isn't the time to be playing conkers, Taff.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Maybe the season's different in Welsh Wales!

Comment

Must be a dyffid peculiarity... Always wanted to use that word in here.. Taff thanks for affording me the opportunity..
                      HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Fukkin ell! be a few thousand up ere gaffless after the battlecruisers foorced ta shut, cos tha can gu inta Sunderland az early az 10 am any day n the alehouse iz packed wi piss ee-ads!

Comment

Working...
                        X