The Sorrow And The Pity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sorrow And The Pity

This is a French documentary made in 1969 about the French reaction to the German Occupation. It was banned immediately, and remained banned for twenty odd years. If you watch this you will forget everything you thought you knew about the French during the war.
    There was almost no resistance to the Krauts. Very little. Most just accepted the new situation and a big percentage thought it was going to be just fine. Even better than what they had.
    German General Warlimont is talking about "certain elements" of the French Govt in meetings with the Germans about a Military Alliance against us.... the British.
    The Germans turned them down. Hitler thought they would be a burden. This is and eyeopener to say the least.
    By the way. It was ALL our fault. A lot of anti British sentiment expressed in this film.

"If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: The Sorrow And The Pity

Here is the Wiki .... by the way that film is in two parts

Last edited by trubrit2411; 8 February 2020, 13:52.
    Me

Comment

I read somewhere years ago that the famed French 'Resistance' took 19 months to kill their first German after the occupation. Meanwhile,during the same period they were respnsible for the killing or betrayal of dozens of agents sent to France by SOE to assist them in their 'struggle'.
      Cowardly,collaborating,treacherous,cheese eating surrender monkey twats!!

Comment

Here's is bit more on anti British Sentiment.

It could be a load of nonsense though. Because according to this scale France, South Korea, Ghana, Canada and the Yoonited States likes us.....more than we like ourselves

Me

Comment

Kunts don,t like uz cos when we were "GREAT!" we ad the biggest Empire the World az ever seen, in fact tha kunt see the sun set on it. These days, the only Empire we av iz the flea pit flick gaff just down the street!

Comment

Needless to say the top of the list on that scale are the ........... (big fanfare)........... Argies. Wonder why

Well Dave... the Empire was'nt about popularity contests. It was all about unleashing the Toms and nicking countries, then pinching all their goodies. I mean.... WTF ?
            Last edited by trubrit2411; 8 February 2020, 18:42.
            Me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
              Kunts don,t like uz cos when we were "GREAT!" we ad the biggest Empire the World az ever seen, in fact tha kunt see the sun set on i These days, the only Empire we av iz the flea pit flick gaff just down the street!
              Dave . called Great Britain in days gone by ,but what was the purpose ,to make the rich , richer,they stole billions from the Eastern ,countries India China n a lot more not for the soldiers that were doing the fighting,they were expendable, just for the Greedy ruling classes,things hiv'nae changed a lot,I got a lot o' money n I need more

Comment

The purpose was it was going to be done anyway once the grab was on. If not by us, then by the Spanish French Belgians et al. The ones that fell under British Dominion were the lucky ones. Ask the South American indigenous Indians of the Pampas (if you can find any). Or maybe the Aztecs or the Incas or for that matter the Lakota Sioux..... Maybe the Congolese. The list goes on and on.
                Once discovered these so called untamed savage nations were like ripe plums on tree waiting to be picked. If you were a native, as things turned out, you would have done very well ifi t was Brits that sailed up your river or up to your beach, came ashore and planted the Union Jack....because the Spanish or the Portuguese or Belgians......... just did not bear thinking about.
                In a lot of instances it was not about what we did, but what we stopped. Google the Sudan, General Gordon and the Khalifa........ Or the Mefcane
                Last edited by trubrit2411; 8 February 2020, 22:35.
                Me

Comment

Tone, couldn't get it to play for some reason. Not really surprised about the actions of the French, Marshal Petain, formed the Vichy Government. They collaborated with the Germans throughout the war. Most of the resistance movement were communists, which had no time for the Nazis, but didn't want General Degaule to run the Country on liberation. Which I suppose leaves the majority of French Citizens, to be complacent about the occupation, and just get on with their lives as best they could. I also suppose that Churchills decision to sink the French Fleet, rather than let it fall into German hands went down like a lead balloon.
                  Again recent events with Brexit and the EU have brought to the fore the arrogance and ill will towards the British by many member states, It's only my own opinion, but I feel we made the right decision to leave. Otherwise we would have lost our national identity, being part of a Federated Army, Federated State, which to me smacks of Dictatorship ! And it would seem that the Parting comment from the EU, Good Riddance, is a contradiction seeing as they tried all ways to prevent us from leaving. Financial I believe !
                  Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by jim scott View Post
                    Dave . called Great Britain in days gone by ,but what was the purpose ,to make the rich , richer,they stole billions from the Eastern ,countries India China n a lot more not for the soldiers that were doing the fighting,they were expendable, just for the Greedy ruling classes,things hiv'nae changed a lot,I got a lot o' money n I need more
                    Very true Jim, let the plebs do the feightin n the toffs grab the stolen riches, nowt ever changes! Which thick kunt coined the phrase, "A country fit for heroes!"? Deffo some shiny arsed toff twat and not a battle weary Tom who came home from WW1 to no job and very little prospects of a bright future!

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                      The purpose was it was going to be done anyway once the grab was on. If not by us, then by the Spanish French Belgians et al. The ones that fell under British Dominion were the lucky ones. Ask the South American indigenous Indians of the Pampas (if you can find any). Or maybe the Aztecs or the Incas or for that matter the Lakota Sioux..... Maybe the Congolese. The list goes on and on.
                      Once discovered these so called untamed savage nations were like ripe plums on tree waiting to be picked. If you were a native, as things turned out, you would have done very well ifi t was Brits that sailed up your river or up to your beach, came ashore and planted the Union Jack....because the Spanish or the Portuguese or Belgians......... just did not bear thinking about.
                      In a lot of instances it was not about what we did, but what we stopped. Google the Sudan, General Gordon and the Khalifa........ Or the Mefcane
                      Excellent summary, agree with Jim in that most of it was driven by money grubbing, but once the countries were 'settled' the Brits brought infrastructure, law, a governance where there had been none, of course the Brits did all of this so that they could better exploit and control the countries, but the alternatives at that time were military subjugation by (mainly) our ex EU 'friends'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                        Very true Jim, let the plebs do the feightin n the toffs grab the stolen riches, nowt ever changes! Which thick kunt coined the phrase, "A country fit for heroes!"? Deffo some shiny arsed toff twat and not a battle weary Tom who came home from WW1 to no job and very little prospects of a bright future!

Spot on Dave , The point I am making ,always benefited the shiny arses ,never the tom

Comment

Shades of the great Rudyard Kiplings poem "Tommy" Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                            Tone, couldn't get it to play for some reason. Not really surprised about the actions of the French, Marshal Petain, formed the Vichy Government. They collaborated with the Germans throughout the war. Most of the resistance movement were communists, which had no time for the Nazis, but didn't want General Degaule to run the Country on liberation. Which I suppose leaves the majority of French Citizens, to be complacent about the occupation, and just get on with their lives as best they could. I also suppose that Churchills decision to sink the French Fleet, rather than let it fall into German hands went down like a lead balloon.
                            Again recent events with Brexit and the EU have brought to the fore the arrogance and ill will towards the British by many member states, It's only my own opinion, but I feel we made the right decision to leave. Otherwise we would have lost our national identity, being part of a Federated Army, Federated State, which to me smacks of Dictatorship ! And it would seem that the Parting comment from the EU, Good Riddance, is a contradiction seeing as they tried all ways to prevent us from leaving. Financial I believe !
                            It plays for me in La La Land no sweat. I bet its blocked in Europe..... Stifled more like it Bob.... It dont fit the image the Froggies have been pushing all these years.
                            Me

Comment

Be careful. I tried to open it on my iPad and Apple sent me a message saying it was trying to install a virus.
                              I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Working...
                              X