X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harley Crash Video

Pat,
    You didn't stand a chance mate.
    As an ex Traffic man for a number of years and an ex 110 owner, I always thought I was driving a tank, until I watched that. She stayed on the road mate and launched you about 10 foot in the air. The downside as you well know mate, is EVERYTHING in any Landy is sharp if you hit it wrong inside the cab.
    Was she on her phone by any chance?? They will search cell sites for that if you request it through your brief, she clearly wasn't concentrating.
    The video will go a long way in prosecuting the young lady with CPS and you getting enough money to replace your love the Landy and some. Having said that, at our age mate, its good health that counts, so make sure they check the neck area 100% as I am finding out now 36 years later.
    Broken obvious bones can be fixed but it takes a while.
    Good luck mate.

Comment

Cheers Gil,I don't think she was on her phone,just completely unthinking,or perhaps even showing of to her mates who were in a couple of cars behind,all going to the same school. I haven't spoken to the police since they first got me out they did speak to TLO later saying she would deffo be facing a charge of dangerous driving,and they were going to push for causing grievous bodily harm due to the nature of my injuries,so she'll be well out of school before she drives again I would say. I do have a certain ammount of sympathy for her,as there was no malice involved,just sheer stupidity,and she was suicidally apologetic,both in the car and at the initial hospital,where we had a hell of a job calming her. Hopefully the lesson was learned for life,for her and her mates. Friends have actually been showing the video clip to their teenage kids who drive and telling them "That was Pat almost dead there",so if one of them thinks a bit the next time they're out in bad weather,some good could come of it.
      Too early to be thinking of money right now,and a few slight niggles to be worked out,but I have a solicitor friend whos bread and butter work is RTA compensation so we'll see what occurs.
      Luckily no trauma to the back or neck at all.They're both shagged from in service injuries already,but no further damage luckily,and even the crushed nose actually straightened it back to where it should be prior to milling and various other events,so every cloud and all that!

Comment

Perhaps it was caused by her having a set of Chinese love balls jammed up her growler !
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

She had what I called the "mandatory crash" Sometimes its a bumper bender sometimes its a disaster like this one. Its almost Darwinian because if these kids survive it they become tuned in for the rest of their lives. Everyone of mine had one.
          My kid went to pick up some plans and rolled my brand new Infinity Q45 down the off ramp of the 805 Fwy to the 56 fwy west and walked away.
          My step daughter drove off a 15 foot cliff/cutting putting makeup on literally hours after I signed the check for a brand new motor. I mean HOURS.
          Don't half sharpen them up. That kid will probably be the best driver in Carrowdore from now on.
          Last edited by trubrit2411; 1 February 2020, 16:04.
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

All good points Tone,and I like you hope she will be the one to learn,and be 'Driving Miss Daisy' for the rest of her life,but of course it could go the other way,and after a few weeks/months of careful driving the peer pressure will get to her and she'll revert. I won't be too shocked a while down the line to see her appearing in print,having killed herself/someone else or both!

I'm going to ring my accident lawyer mate today and try to get him to visit so I can lay it all out for him,and get his best advice on how to go about it,especially regarding the Landrovers. I have a fine selection of canes,both bought and home made,stashed in my Wombat shell by the front door,which come in handy a few times a year when the knees are bad,but anyone who knows me is not going to see a new shuffling limp,as I've had one for years anyway. 'Friends' in my group get pleasure every week from mocking or imitating my gait on the way to and from the bogs in the pub,oh how those winter nights fly by. The stick is probably realistically going to become a permanent attachment for the foreseeable future I think,but anything less will be a bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
              All good points Tone,and I like you hope she will be the one to learn,and be 'Driving Miss Daisy' for the rest of her life,but of course it could go the other way,and after a few weeks/months of careful driving the peer pressure will get to her and she'll revert. I won't be too shocked a while down the line to see her appearing in print,having killed herself/someone else or both!

I'm going to ring my accident lawyer mate today and try to get him to visit so I can lay it all out for him,and get his best advice on how to go about it,especially regarding the Landrovers. I have a fine selection of canes,both bought and home made,stashed in my Wombat shell by the front door,which come in handy a few times a year when the knees are bad,but anyone who knows me is not going to see a new shuffling limp,as I've had one for years anyway. 'Friends' in my group get pleasure every week from mocking or imitating my gait on the way to and from the bogs in the pub,oh how those winter nights fly by. The stick is probably realistically going to become a permanent attachment for the foreseeable future I think,but anything less will be a bonus!
              "my accident lawyer." jeez, how many accidents have you had. There's a bit of the Bisskit about you, Pat.
              I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Is she a good looking girl perchance, you are too kind, you shouldn't be here by rights mate?? lol

Comment

just the road name Pat google earth gives you a street view

Comment

Pat I think being in a Land Rover helped you on impact? Looks like hell of a crash to me mate!

Comment

The Mountstewart Road,Newtownards is where it happened Jack. I honestly have no knowledge of google earth or how to use it,I'm a complete computer Luddite,and only basically use this machine for the site. Apologies for my lack of knowledge.

Comment

Is this your crash Pat

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
                          "my accident lawyer." jeez, how many accidents have you had. There's a bit of the Bisskit about you, Pat.

If you look at it properly Steve it says "My accident lawyer mate". He's a mate,who I actually haven't seen for at least 5 yrs,a lawyer who,it was pointed out to me yesterday deals with traffic accidents. First time I knew that,I just met him through the firm that sorted out my house sale and purchase 12 yrs back,and I've done a few bits of work and furniture making for him and his family and friends over the years. Thought to myself if I'm going to get advise on the best way to make use of my gimpiness for personal gain,a friend's the best person to see,so he's getting back to me on monday and coming to visit.
                          There's a helluva lot of the Bisskit about me Steve,although luckily I didn't inherit my mother's ginger locks,but the amount of accidents,(non traffic), I've had bear no resemblance to my claims,as this will be a first!

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post

The second one mentioned at the bottom of the article was mine Jack. None of the pics there refer to mine.
                            Just been told if you put in 123 Mountstewart Road it takes you to the exact spot on googlemaps.
                            Last edited by Pat Harley; 1 February 2020, 13:17.

Comment

Google Maps is dead easy to use Pat. I probably use it six times a week to find potential cleints residences for a quote.
                              Me

Comment

Google Maps is dead easy to use Pat. I probably use it six times a week to find potential clients residences for a quote.
                                Me

Comment

Working...
                                X