Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Treeman.....

Don't worry darlin'.... Lets save some money. Anybody can do this

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: One for Treeman.....

Ha ha! Brought back memories. Had my share of mishaps but being reasonably clever I never made the same mistake twice. That lad felling the tree while up a ladder surely has to be related to Dennis Biskitt. The coloured chap felling the palm tree was a classic example of what not to do when felling a tree next to a busy road; unfortunately reminded me of the time I put a bloody big Beech tree across the main road in Durham city.

Comment

I told you once about the only big tree I ever took down.... Not my bag mate. I had no idea it was so hard and dangerous.
      Me

Comment

I learned my lesson 3 yrs ago,up the ladder with a small husqvarna lopping branches,when the ladder went from under me,(not having tied it on through idleness). A quick side right from 12' up,throwing the chainsaw the opposite way,landed on one of the lopped branches,instant agony and thought the right femur was away! Hobbled back to the house,using the chainsaw as a stick,and off to casualty. All the ligaments and everything totally f.cked in the knee,several months of physio,followed by several more of frantic cycling to the village and back and good as new,lesson learned,tie the f.ckin' ladder on next time!

Comment

Wonder if it wuz the Mother In Laws gaff? One way o freetenin er ta fukkin dee-ath!

Comment

Or just let it grow Pat, safer that way mate.
            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Needed to trim it to let the light get to my veggie patch Bob. Ended up felling the bugger completely,problem solved!

Comment

That brain donor 4mins in that dropped it onto the green house was a cracker. He had already been up the tree to lop the branches, should've taken it down a few feet at a time while he was up there.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

It must happen a lot
                  Me

Comment

Iz the tree included wi the jam jar?

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                      Ha ha! Brought back memories. Had my share of mishaps but being reasonably clever I never made the same mistake twice. That lad felling the tree while up a ladder surely has to be related to Dennis Biskitt. The coloured chap felling the palm tree was a classic example of what not to do when felling a tree next to a busy road; unfortunately reminded me of the time I put a bloody big Beech tree across the main road in Durham city.
                      think I put this up before. Couple of years back missus asked me to cut a branch down off a tree which was growing amongst other trees. It was a bit high for the ladder so I had the idea of throwing a rope over the branch and then swinging on it to break the branch off. Missus came out with the camera and I told her to watch the maestro at work. Swung on the branch, half the tree fell down on top of me and also bought down several branches of the other trees she was trying to save. Haven't heard the end of it, of course, she couldn't take photos fast enough.
                      IMG_0067.JPG..IMG_0067.JPG
                      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Did tha say, "Did tha like that?" Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                          Did tha say, "Did tha like that?" Steve
                          didn't say much, Dave. I had a tree branch stuck in me bollocks.
                          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Took mi daughters tree down last year, about 30', 'careful' is an understatement, Harness, threw rope over suitable branches and did it all by hand saw, lashed a rope to each thick branch and lowered it to the floor each time, up and down the ladder like a f***in squirrel, got it down to a 'stump' about 10' high when an old ex RN bloke (well in his 90's) came over with a chain saw. He asked me if I knew how to use it and thinking it was just a matter of putting the rip saw against the wooed and cutting it, tried it and the t**t jumped out and almost cut mi leg orf. Old salt showed me how to grip the tree with the spikey thingies then slowly apply pressure. certainly a skill in tree felling and I am not sure I would like to be 80' up with a gimungous chain saw and wedges. Leave it to the experts!

Comment

Working...
                            X