Exits.....how not to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exits.....how not to

I remember being told they did a dummy test on those sleek grey 'chutes the dipatchers used to wear,and the majority failed,so they started wearing the PX4 the same as us to chuck us out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
      Boom exit from owd Bev wuz a brill lob Ron.
      Dave....If you got to lob a Bev that means we missed it by only a year. Where did you jump a Bev ?... at Weston ?
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Another thing I have thought about with the Herc and such like. Why they did'nt just drop the the ramp and we walked off like the Pathfinder HALO blokes do on them You Tube Videos ? Surely that would have been easier. No tangling under the plane and all the other nasty stuff. Like bashing your helmet along the fuselage ....doing rivet inspections.
        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
        Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
          Another thing I have thought about with the Herc and such like. Why they did'nt just drop the the ramp and we walked off like the Pathfinder HALO blokes do on them You Tube Videos ? Surely that would have been easier. No tangling under the plane and all the other nasty stuff. Like bashing your helmet along the fuselage ....doing rivet inspections.
          Think the Brit Airborne jump training was based on practicing for the real stuff. Agree with you about tailgating, we did tailgate on free fall and water jumps for 22 and SBS but they were only single sticks and normally followed a rigid raider boat off the ramp. Sim sticks off the ramp led to some near misses, for some reason the 'vortex' behind the aircraft could behave in an odd way immediately behind the ramp. Sim sticks off the ramp would often be quite safe then suddenly a couple of parachutists could be swept together as they left the ramp. Got an explanation once but too long winded to repeat here. On an operational drop the ramp was to be used for the dreaded 'wedge' (platform for carrying kit to the DZ) so our lot figured that to keep it 'real' we must always jump from the doors (other than FF and water jumps) because in war the space on the ramp will be being used.

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
            Dave....If you got to lob a Bev that means we missed it by only a year. Where did you jump a Bev ?... at Weston ?
            That,s reight Tone, but also did a couple inta the arseoyl Of Arabia after emplaining at Khormasker, big fukk off fleet of em theer parked up on the tarmac. Much better lob machine than that bag o shite Hastings.

Comment

Working...
            X