Roman Hemet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Hemet

Hi Guy's these pics are Dave's latest find. Smashing piece of history, well found mate !Helmet 01.jpgHelmet 03.jpgHelmet02.jpg
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Re: Roman Hemet

Henry the 8th jousting helmet.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Weeds in the patio

Comment

Area cleaning !!!!
        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
        Me

Comment

Brill find. So how old would that be ? What is that bronze ?
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

I,ll send Bob some better pics so you get a better idea o worrit looks like.

Comment

Bob, you're not getting 403'd, what browser are you using?
              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Don, I'm using Edge mate, with windows 10. it seem to work fine for me. I had a bit of a problem with the iPad using Safari, it seemed to 403 on every post, So I stick to the desktop using Edge. If anyone has problems posting pictures, they can email me or PM me, and I will attempt to put them on site for them here are two more of Dave's helmet pics, it's amazing the condition seeing as its been in the ground for nearly 2000 years.
                Helmet04.jpgHelmet05.jpg
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                  Don, I'm using Edge mate, with windows 10. it seem to work fine for me. I had a bit of a problem with the iPad using Safari, it seemed to 403 on every post, So I stick to the desktop using Edge. If anyone has problems posting pictures, they can email me or PM me, and I will attempt to put them on site for them here are two more of Dave's helmet pics, it's amazing the condition seeing as its been in the ground for nearly 2000 years.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]11666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11667[/ATTACH]
                  so that's Dave's helmet.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Well it was Pete's but he traded it in
                    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

I'm telling the Mrs tonight the end of my knob is now called a HEMET!!

Comment

Just tried ta purra reply ta thi post wi the pics Bob, but guess wot? That twat 403 wunt let mi, wish a knew weer the kunt lives, bastard needs a gud twattin! Tha shudda seen the fukkin state of it when a pulled out o the owd Roman stone work, covered in rust n crud, thought at first ad found the ball that wuz used in the 1925 cup final, last time the Blades fukkin won owt! Gentle discalin, wire brushin n sesh on the buffer brought it up brill, then apply dull varnish ta try n owd it all together wi owt droppin off it. Just shows thi tho just ow well the owd Romans med things.

Comment

Dave what did you use to descale it ? From the photos considering it's age the cheek guards look immaculate !
                          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                            Dave what did you use to descale it ? From the photos considering it's age the cheek guards look immaculate !
                            That's DB's milling head gear Bob.

Comment

nice find Dave, what is it made of? Can't believe its condition after so long in the ground..

Comment

Working...
                              X