paitence is a virtue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paitence is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue, we have a washing machine which is four years old. Having a problem with the drying cycle we called the engineer because we have an extended warranty with John Lewis. Call made on the 11October, engineer arrived 21 October and said I have to order a new drum. On 5 November engineer arrived stripped down the Machine, brought in the new drum, didn't fit. On 15 November another scheduled call, service centre called me saying, their engineer called in sick, so could I arrange another date. Teddy thrown out of pram, I phoned John Lewis direct, told them the warranty was a farce, and not worth the paper it was written on and I would take it up with trading standards. Hey ho ! Within half an hour, I was told that they would replace the machine for a new one same model. So it pays to get a bastard on, when you get buggered about !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Re: paitence is a virtue.

Yep spitting the dummy can sure work
    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
      Patience is a virtue, we have a washing machine which is four years old. Having a problem with the drying cycle we called the engineer because we have an extended warranty with John Lewis. Call made on the 11October, engineer arrived 21 October and said I have to order a new drum. On 5 November engineer arrived stripped down the Machine, brought in the new drum, didn't fit. On 15 November another scheduled call, service centre called me saying, their engineer called in sick, so could I arrange another date. Teddy thrown out of pram, I phoned John Lewis direct, told them the warranty was a farce, and not worth the paper it was written on and I would take it up with trading standards. Hey ho ! Within half an hour, I was told that they would replace the machine for a new one same model. So it pays to get a bastard on, when you get buggered about !
      We've had two new machines under very similar circumstances Bob.
      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Trouble is Don, when they give you these warranties you expect a service of some description, but you inevitably get an unconcerned call centre who think your just a bloody nuisance for bothering them with a simple thing like a breakdown.the next call these twats were offering me was the 28 November, nearly two months since the original request for a service call. Still just had a phone call from John Lewis, their delivering a new machine on Wednesday, so no complaints about their service.
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I never get the warranty anymore because of Bob's experience. I also never buy top of the line anymore because its all the same Chinese crap. I get the cheapest washer I can. Bollock it till it croaks. Chuck it out and grab another one. Why fight it ?
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

I'm the same Tone,although I've had the same washing machine for nearly 20 yrs now. It cost about £150,and of course they tried to get me to take out an extended waranty for 'only' £50 a year. I replied "Fer f.ck's sake it's got a 3 year warranty anyway,and if it goes tits up after that I'll just buy another one!" They still pestered me every year for about the next 7,don't give up easily do they?

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
              Trouble is Don, when they give you these warranties you expect a service of some description, but you inevitably get an unconcerned call centre who think your just a bloody nuisance for bothering them with a simple thing like a breakdown.the next call these twats were offering me was the 28 November, nearly two months since the original request for a service call. Still just had a phone call from John Lewis, their delivering a new machine on Wednesday, so no complaints about their service.
              That was the experience with the first machine Bob, it was the manufacturers own warranty. The next one was on extended warranties. Now i come to think of it, i think we've had another one replaced with this. We pay less than £20/month for washing machine, fridge freezer, dishwasher and tumble dryer cover. They're pretty efficient and I reckon it's well worth it.
              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Mr 403 banned me from posting on here yesterday,then allowed it 2 minutes later. Today he doesn't want me to post on the Jokes thread about his activities. Who is this masked crusader?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                  Mr 403 banned me from posting on here yesterday,then allowed it 2 minutes later. Today he doesn't want me to post on the Jokes thread about his activities. Who is this masked crusader?
                  Someone with common sense Pat - seriously, anyone preventing you posting on the jokes page...... nearly as smart a move as preventing Dave B ...... incoming.....
                  I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Had my washing machine for over 50 years, she is moaning about a bad back recently, may have to trade her in

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                      Think it's Alfred E Neuman !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                      X