X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOHHH er...

...Matron:

wd_40.jpg
    Last edited by Don the Mod; 30 October 2019, 14:56.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: OOOHHH er...

Not opening, Don.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Put some WD40 on it then Steve!

Comment

Back in the day I used ta spray some down the owd carb o mi 1948 Foord Pop, crank the startin andle n the fukkin thing wud start wi a bang!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
          Back in the day I used ta spray some down the owd carb o mi 1948 Foord Pop, crank the startin andle n the fukkin thing wud start wi a bang!
          It's got a lot of uses Dave, but i've never used it to start engines. When i was an apprentice, we used to have Transits with the worst engine Ford ever made, the York Diesel, we had to use burning newspapers at the air intake on cold mornings or fire Easy Start into it. That stuff was like heroin for engines, once hooked, they needed it to start even in the Summer.
          "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

That,s the prob wi deisel engines Don, Bastards ta warm up n gerram ta start, especially if one o the glow plugs iz fukked. The owd side valve petrol engine wud sniff Rocket WD40 like a junky sniffin coke n goo off wi a real bang!

Comment

I think you will find diesels have changed now Dave. I just bought a Ford F350 Lariat Dual Rear Wheel to pull me excavator. It runs like a Rolex and is as quiet as a car. It is far removed from the 7.3 litre Ford Diesel flatbed I had in the nineties which drove me nuts....and it will tow fifteen Yank tons or 30 000 pounds. I fetched the excavator back yesterday and was having to stop it accelerating uphill. Unbelievable truck.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

yer right tone the rolls royce of trucks
                shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Just shows thi ow fings av changed since mi antiquated days. Once or twice when operatin the owd 955 concentratin on the job I ran outa fuel which resulted in the fukkin pain in the aristotle o bleedin the whole fuel system!

Comment

Sure I am talkin bollox but seem to remember some army diesel vehicles in the mid 50's needing a kind of shotgun cartridge to kick them off

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                      Sure I am talkin bollox but seem to remember some army diesel vehicles in the mid 50's needing a kind of shotgun cartridge to kick them off
                      It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

"Flight Of The Phoenix"
                        When Richard Attenborough's toy plane design had just one cartridge left to get them up out of the desert. What his face was the Yank Pilot.
                        James Stewart.... So thats what it was. Coffman design. Good one Rab.
                        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                        Me

Comment

I seem to remember the Britania we flew in from Germany to California was started by that system. The Canadians were horrified by the bangs and flames that shot out of the engines,and followed us along the taxiway with a fire engine at each wing. It came from Boscombe Down,and had to be the worst 3 day flight ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                            I seem to remember the Britania we flew in from Germany to California was started by that system. The Canadians were horrified by the bangs and flames that shot out of the engines,and followed us along the taxiway with a fire engine at each wing. It came from Boscombe Down,and had to be the worst 3 day flight ever!
                            Any mention of Boscombe Down equates to crappin miself or death. They invented the word 'experimental'

Comment

My dad was stationed there from 60 to 62 and we lived in the married quarters on Imber Ave and they were testing the TSR2 vertical take off jet at the time.
                              It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X