London 1917

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London 1917

Old film of London, England in September 1917 shortly after an air-raid. Set to a natural rate and added in sound for ambiance. Thanks to the Imperial War M...
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: London 1917

no one looking
    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

I looked the other day,but it was just that coded gobbledygook. Today it's working alright again.

Comment

There's a distinct absence of "Fighting Age Men" (note the wounded Captain)....... Its on the cusp of change though. There is a chaotic mix of cars and horses. I saw the end of that when I was a little kid. One minute we was collecting horse manure with little seaside shovels and owd Galvanised buckets and flogging it, for a penny, to the blokes in the allotments.... and the next the milkman's horse was replaced by an electric float. We was made redundant by progress. Like wot the internet did to Thomas Cooke

Westminster Bridge still looks the same....and the Houses of P
        Me

Comment

I just looked again....London has been shafted by 3rd world immigration. No two ways about it. What the fook was our fearless leaders thinking ?????????
          Me

Comment

That's the thing they don't think except about the money they can con out of the country .
            It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Don,t talk ta me about that fukkin place o doom, "Londonistan!

Comment

Plenty of big tit shags down there Dave.

Comment

I know that Rab, fukked me up BIG TIME!

Comment

Funny when you think of progression over the years, when I was a kid, the deliveries for coal, groceries, milk, fish, and rag men were all done by horse and cart .Very few cars which were all black, and owned by the doctor pit manager etc. Kids played out in the street, women gossiped and talked without mobile phones. In fact normal everyday people didn't have phones. If you wanted to make a call you went to a phone box and did it. People listened to the wireless, and kids kept quiet when the football results came on. In fact people communicated with each other, a damned lot better than they do today. So have we really progressed for the better ?
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Any sign of Pete, in it.
                      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I agree Bob,when I was a kid there was still the odd horse and cart in use,such as the rag and bone man. Milk floats had generally taken over,but there were only about 3 cars on our half mile long street,belonging to the doctor,a Naval commander,and the boss of the quarry. We were lucky enough to have the local telephone box outside the front door,so my mother acted as a sort of answering service for the houses either side,hearing it ring and rushing out to take messages for them. A quieter and better life all round! We were just discussing it this morning,after reading that something like 80% of youngsters profess to be unhappy most of the time. Of course it's due to the pressure they put on themselves to be accepted by everyone around them,on 'social media',at home,in the street,everywhere. Image is everything,and they have to conform in everything they do,eat,drink,wear,watch,listen to,read,etc. She was comparing the cracking holiday we just had with a colleague of hers,who'd been to Dubai with a group of friends,where they stood all day round a pool in 6" heels,pristine bikinis that couldn't be swum in,drinking £30 cocktails,constantly taking posed photos,and not a smile between them. We meanwhile laughed our way through 2 weeks of arseing around on a cheap hol in Crete,not giving a shit for what people thought of us,and not a phone or camera in sight. I know which life I'd rather have,so no,we haven't progressed for the better!

Comment

I often long for the old days when I was a youngster, life was better evn though we did not have much but we were all happy
                          Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

What Billy M has done ain't so bad. He has found a haven and disappeared into it. Dropped off the radar. Nobody gives a fook about anything where he lives. They just sort of amble through life. Pick a few nuts and oranges and then amble some more.
                            Last edited by trubrit2411; 4 October 2019, 15:24.
                            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                              What Billy M has done ain't so bad. He has found a haven and disappeared into it. Dropped off the radar. Nobody gives a fook about anything where he lives. They just sort of amble through life. Pick a few nuts and oranges and then amble some more.
                              Like I said on another thread "Sounds like paradise"

Comment

Working...
                              X