Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stalingrad from the Krauts perspective....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalingrad from the Krauts perspective....

G
    ood one

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: Stalingrad from the Krauts perspective....

Reading a brill book about it that Bob Sent mi, giz thee the real SP, brilliant read.

Comment

There are some eye openers in that book Dave, eh ?
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Whats the book called Bob?

One thing I noticed in the documentary was not one iota of guilt for all the death and destruction that they caused all over Europe and Russia from those Krauts. They were sorry they were stopped.
        Me

Comment

Written by a geezer called Antony Beevor n just titled "Stalingrad". Slow reader but nearly finished, duz tha want mi ta send it ta thee when av dun?
          Reading, the only exciting pastime in me pit these days!

Comment

I would love to get it dave when you have finished it. Or I will get it off Amazon if the postage is more. Then I will pass it on.
            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post

One thing I noticed in the documentary was not one iota of guilt for all the death and destruction that they caused all over Europe and Russia from those Krauts. They were sorry they were stopped.
              Tone, They had some former SS blokes who were in concentration camps on BBC talking about the extermination of Jewish families, why these c**ts had not been topped screws me up, but far from being apologetic they still gave off the same shit about 'untermenchen, (Jews, gypsies, Poles Russians etc (in fact every person on 2 legs) the Jews ruled the world and ate babies bollox. They should have taken these c**ts to the back of the BBC studio and shot them

Comment

Tone, the title is plain old ( Stalingrad ) mate, it's by a guy called Antony Beevor, and is well written !
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Dave, sorry mate, didn't read your post giving Tone the info !
                  Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

That,s oreight Bob, no probs, suffer the same mesen. Too much fukkin tab ache over the years, the joys o Sam n Harry,d life I reckon. Is it oreight ta send it on ta Tone when I,ve finished it? Wud never wanna tek owt fer granted

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                      Tone, They had some former SS blokes who were in concentration camps on BBC talking about the extermination of Jewish families, why these c**ts had not been topped screws me up, but far from being apologetic they still gave off the same shit about 'untermenchen, (Jews, gypsies, Poles Russians etc (in fact every person on 2 legs) the Jews ruled the world and ate babies bollox. They should have taken these c**ts to the back of the BBC studio and shot them
                      Wig ....They come with that attitude I would be on them. Bastards. The memory of it is beginning to fade with this so called millenial generation. Its disappearing into the mists of antiquity. Soon it will be on the same list as The Armenian Genocide by the Turks. ....."Yer what mate ? Never heard of it"....

Having said that there are definetely cases of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That 95 year old bloke Oscar Groening that just got a load of porridge in Germany, was a 19 year old who joined the SS because "They had a nice uniform". He had banking experience. So he was sent to Auschwitz to do book keeping and handle all the foreign currency took of the Jews and get it shipped to Germany. Soon as he realised what the place was he applied to be sent to the Russian Front. Three times,and was turned down every time. Its in his SS record.

Then there was the Belsen Trial. I have read all 26 days of the trial transcript word for word. There were women on trial that should not have been. They were in Belsen Camp only one or two days. Having accompanied prisoners there from an electrical component factory near the Polish border. They (Get this) were German chicks, who were grabbed.... drafted into the SS, literally press ganged, toward the wars end because they were friends of the prisoners having worked with them. Next thing they arrive at this camp near Celle, that is jammed with starving prisoners and full of dead bodies. They run away in horror and hide in the barracks, then hours later the British rolled in, saw it all, threw a monster wobbler, and grabbed them...chucked them in a truck and next thing they know, they are on trial for their lives.

After I read that I thought what the fook would you do if you came right out of the SS Depot with a train warrant for this Polish town and reported to a placethat is gassing and burning families ? He was stationed 2.5 kilometres from the big gas chambers. He was living in the Stammlager with the famous sign. (Still.... they had the small gas chamber there) How would you walk up to the SS version of Knobby Arnold or Fara the Para and tell him "I ain't having it" at nineteen years of age and a Tom ? Not being a barrister for them, but some must have got swept up in it.

I just could'nt see giving a 95 year old that porridge after they read his record. What more could he do. Go absent and be shot ? Mind....there were a couple that just sat on their arses and said "fook it"...and were transferred out with no recrimination.

Having said all that I would have shot every thing in an SS Uniform taken prisoner, Like the Russians did.
                      Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 July 2019, 14:54.
                      Me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                        That,s oreight Bob, no probs, suffer the same mesen. Too much fukkin tab ache over the years, the joys o Sam n Harry,d life I reckon. Is it oreight ta send it on ta Tone when I,ve finished it? Wud never wanna tek owt fer granted
                        No problems Dave, pass it on mate, more people that read that the better.
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Wig ....They come with that attitude I would be on them. Bastards. The memory of it is beginning to fade with this so called millenial generation. Its disappearing into the mists of antiquity. Soon it will be on the same list as The Armenian Genocide by the Turks. ....."Yer what mate ? Never heard of it"....

Having said that there are definetely cases of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That 95 year old bloke Oscar Groening that just got a load of porridge in Germany, was a 19 year old who joined the SS because "They had a nice uniform". He had banking experience. So he was sent to Auschwitz to do book keeping and handle all the foreign currency took of the Jews and get it shipped to Germany. Soon as he realised what the place was he applied to be sent to the Russian Front. Three times,and was turned down every time. Its in his SS record.

Then there was the Belsen Trial. I have read all 26 days of the trial transcript word for word. There were women on trial that should not have been. They were in Belsen Camp only one or two days. Having accompanied prisoners there from an electrical component factory near the Polish border. They (Get this) were German chicks, who were grabbed.... drafted into the SS, literally press ganged, toward the wars end because they were friends of the prisoners having worked with them. Next thing they arrive at this camp near Celle, that is jammed with starving prisoners and full of dead bodies. They run away in horror and hide in the barracks, then hours later the British rolled in, saw it all, threw a monster wobbler, and grabbed them...chucked them in a truck and next thing they know, they are on trial for their lives.

After I read that I thought what the fook would you do if you came right out of the SS Depot with a train warrant for this Polish town and reported to a placethat is gassing and burning families ? He was stationed 2.5 kilometres from the big gas chambers. He was living in the Stammlager with the famous sign. (Still.... they had the small gas chamber there) How would you walk up to the SS version of Knobby Arnold or Fara the Para and tell him "I ain't having it" at nineteen years of age and a Tom ? Not being a barrister for them, but some must have got swept up in it.

I just could'nt see giving a 95 year old that porridge after they read his record. What more could he do. Go absent and be shot ? Mind....there were a couple that just sat on their arses and said "fook it"...and were transferred out with no recrimination.

Having said all that I would have shot every thing in an SS Uniform taken prisoner, Like the Russians did.

Read a book about the Waffen SS, towards the bitter end of the war blokes were conscripted into it whether they wanted to be there or not. After the war Regular German Army were entitled to war pensions. Those conscripted into the Waffen SS got nothing, classic rubber dick eh ?
                          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I think the latter SS was a different breed Bob. By late 43 many of the indoctrinated nutters from the rise of the SS in the thirties, were dead. Except in the Camps.
                            Me

Comment

Working...
                            X