Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just drove a thousand mile for breakfast

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
    Hope Billy didn't burn the toast Tone ! That would have been disapointing mate.
    Bills toast looks like a fresh crusty doorstep Bob. Tons of butter. If I lived by him I would be fifteen stone.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
      Bills toast looks like a fresh crusty doorstep Bob. Tons of butter. If I lived by him I would be fifteen stone.
      always welcome tone. i was talking to davy t and i mentioned it is time for him to get up here and you as his co-pilot so well see what happens.
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
        Hope Billy didn't burn the toast Tone ! That would have been disa pointing mate.
        That's the only way to eat toast, anything else is just warm bread.

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
        Wish I was 15 stone.
        Last edited by Don the Mod; 4 March 2019, 18:53.
        "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
          That's the only way to eat toast, anything else is just warm bread.

Wish I was 15 stone.

Yeah Don ... but I ain't no Glaswegian Gaelic Barbarian giant mate.... I am a Dwarf from the Midlands.
          Me

Comment

There were several Brits on Longdon,and in Stanley,in '82.I remember a ginger haired cockney one,whose parents had taken him home when they returned to Argentina after 40 yrs in London.We were given a bollocking by the platoon commander for fraternizing,when he came in to find us feeding him beer in the kitchen when he was on a work detail.We had to point out to the wanker that he was probably more English than us,and was no longer an enemy!

Comment

I would have been down that Mountain and AWOL to you blokes as soon as it got dark. With that accent he could have got away with it. Talk about torn between two worlds.
              Me

Comment

Blame the junta, poor bugger was probably conscripted into a service he didn't want !
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

There were loads in the Turkish Army in Cyprus as well.They had all been conscripted the same way as the Argentines,to get citizenship after parents returning.They were mostly posted to,I think it was called Famou Gate,or something like it,a main crossing point,as translators.

Comment

Help me out chaps, what exactly does the Turkish Army in Cyprus, the blame on the Junta or the original ethnicity of Argie troops on the Falkland Islands have to do with “Driving 1000 miles for breakfast?”
                    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Well it's obvious Kevin or has the African sun got to you
                      Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Somehow my post jumped from Tone's post in the chatroom or pictures about English speaking natives in Argentina,and it's carried on from there Kev.The mysteries of T'internet!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                          Somehow my post jumped from Tone's post in the chatroom or pictures about English speaking natives in Argentina,and it's carried on from there Kev.The mysteries of T'internet!
                          well, it's easy to blame the internet. could it be early onset dementia?
                          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

or the Pidgeon English Kev has to speak over there
                            Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Originally posted by KevinMoran View Post
                              Help me out chaps, what exactly does the Turkish Army in Cyprus, the blame on the Junta or the original ethnicity of Argie troops on the Falkland Islands have to do with “Driving 1000 miles for breakfast?”
                              The breakfast was huevos rancheros, so it's a natural progression Kevin.
                              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                                Pat - that has a similar sounding explanation to one I receive from a crow (soon to be ex-crow) in depot, it went something like “honestly corporal, I did not pull the trigger, it just went off.......”
                                I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Working...
                                X