Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young man with a death wish

Not long for this world surely.... ?

Uli Emanuele pilots what is possibly the most technical and difficult BASE jump ever. For the past 3 years Uli has been dreaming about and preparing for what...
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: Young man with a death wish

When I first clicked on that vid the comments below did not come on. Seems he did kill himself after this stunt. Fookin idiot
    Me

Comment

Loony!Definite death wish,and sounds like he got his wish!

Comment

Daft kunt shudda stuck ta Big Adas Growler!

Comment

Advert ! did he do it ??? or are they just promoting the camera.

Comment

You have a point Taff. I can't figure how he gets the forward momentum in ratio to the vertical momentum. It looks like he would have to go almost horizontal to get through that rock formation. Anybody know what the formula is for travel versus drop ?
            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              You have a point Taff. I can't figure how he gets the forward momentum in ratio to the vertical momentum. It looks like he would have to go almost horizontal to get through that rock formation. Anybody know what the formula is for travel versus drop ?
              Think the calculation must differ for each bloke, type of jump suit, and weather conditions (warm uplift coll down-push etc). I would have considered giving it a go many years ago, but would have avoided 'skimming' like the plague, and as for steering through holes and between building f**k that! Nice to sit back about 200' up and watch the others, Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                Think the calculation must differ for each bloke, type of jump suit, and weather conditions (warm uplift coll down-push etc). I would have considered giving it a go many years ago, but would have avoided 'skimming' like the plague, and as for steering through holes and between building f**k that! Nice to sit back about 200' up and watch the others, Thank you!
                There is one on You tube of a young wing suiter from Australia that tried to skim that high bridge in Colorado and hit the rail. Knocked his leg off, pulled and died off loss of blood at the bottom of the ravine........ nuts !
                Me

Comment

Here it is

Australian BASE jumper Dwain Weston was considered one of the world's best at the time. On October 5, 2003 while performing a proximity demonstration, Dwain ...
                  Me

Comment

Fifteen dead in one month. Darwin working over time..... https://news.sky.com/story/carnage-a...es-32-10562943
                    Me

Comment

Wig sez "Think the calculation must differ for each bloke, type of jump suit, and weather conditions (warm uplift coll down-push etc)".

I bet that is what is killing them. Each jump is slightly different and out in the open its no big deal, but these blokes are getting paid by sponsors like Go Pro Cameras to skim close to cliffs ...crags ...go through holes etc. and they can not figure the tracking well enough from jump to jump because of atmospheric variances. Rather them than me. Out of a plane its probably ok. Out in the open, but combined with BASE jumping ......dead dodgy
                      Last edited by trubrit2411; 31 January 2019, 09:40.
                      Me

Comment

I can understand the thrill guys get from extreme sports, but there is a vast difference between what is termed as in the realms of feasibility and what could be classed as gross stupidity . It just seems that some people have no rational thinking. Very sad !
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Ever see that one o the crazy fukker who splatted inta the side of a bridge where iz mates were waiting ta cheer im az eee wuz supposed ta sail over the top?
                          "SPLAT!" "OOOPPPS!

Comment

Learn from Icarus......we aint meant to fly......descend on parachutes maybe,but fly?Nope!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                              Ever see that one o the crazy fukker who splatted inta the side of a bridge where iz mates were waiting ta cheer im az eee wuz supposed ta sail over the top?
                              "SPLAT!" "OOOPPPS!
                              I posted it above,
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X