So my message to the youth of today
    Is don't just think of yesterday
    Think about this planet now
    And simple thinks like how
    Putting your plastic in a bin
    Will really help the world to win
    The fight against plastic
    And that would be fantastic.
    It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Re: Plastic

It's amazing really, when we grew up, people used their own shopping bags, things were wrapped in paper or grease proof paper. All of which is biodegradable. So why is it that everything today is wrapped or encased in plastic. It's not rocket science is it, let's go back to paper bags, and glass bottles !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Gud Poem that Rab and very apt. When I tek me doggies out inta the cuds the fukkin things are lobbed all over the fukkin place, idle bastards just too much trouble ta tek their shite back home. Not as tho the fukkin things are heavy or owt.

Comment

I suppose being the age most of us are, or are approaching, any comment about what goes on today may be written off as 'grumpy old farts'. Giving a chat to a local history group in January next, about a typical Lancashire mining community (flat caps, pigeons, ferrets and all). Nearing the end of life I have found it to be a good exercise to look back on your life, picking out all of the significant bits and setting it out as if you had to put it in to a 45 minute briefing. I have not been able to avoid contrasting attitudes then, with now. to cut i short we 'scavenged' coal from slag heaps and railway lines (that would be called recycling today). The ragbone mans cart left our streets with less old clothes on it than when he entered, wimmin made socks and mitts from the sleeves, and peg rugs with anything left over (again recycling, and charity shops have replaced the ragbone cart). I realise now that the real heroes of WW2 were the wimmin, clothing and food on coupons, that is if you had the money to buy owt. What those ladies would have made of all the food we chuck away today does not bare thinking about. We have become a nation of wasteful wankers

Comment

Long gone the days of "Mek do and mend" Ron. Tha dunt see bin lids running around these days wearin short keks wi moor patches on the arse than a Welsh quilt. Jumpers wi moor oyles darned than an owd string vest n socks wi moor darning cotton than wool. If tha wanted a swig o water tha stuck thee crust under the tap n guzzled away or off ta the park wi thee mates fer footy tha took an owd pop bottle filled wi H2O. Now a world of plenty not appreciated n gud stuff wi plenty o life left just lobbed by idle fukkers who are too lazy ta re cycle or bin it. Gets on me fukkin tits when out hurdy gurdyin I spend valuable time digging oyles only ta reveal empty beer n pop cans that lazy twats av just lobbed when emptied.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            Long gone the days of "Mek do and mend" Ron. Tha dunt see bin lids running around these days wearin short keks wi moor patches on the arse than a Welsh quilt. Jumpers wi moor oyles darned than an owd string vest n socks wi moor darning cotton than wool. If tha wanted a swig o water tha stuck thee crust under the tap n guzzled away or off ta the park wi thee mates fer footy tha took an owd pop bottle filled wi H2O. Now a world of plenty not appreciated n gud stuff wi plenty o life left just lobbed by idle fukkers who are too lazy ta re cycle or bin it. Gets on me fukkin tits when out hurdy gurdyin I spend valuable time digging oyles only ta reveal empty beer n pop cans that lazy twats av just lobbed when emptied.
            they are lucky nowadays, Dave, they don't bother with repairs, in fact the more rips in your jeans, the more fashionable you are. I wish that fashion had been around when I was younger, would have saved a lot of feckin about.
            I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I've hoyed better pair of jeans in the bin than some worn today, if they'd walked around like that in our day, somebody would have took pity on them and given them an old pair of theirs.
              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

One o me granddaughters walked in wearin a pair o them fukkers sed they were brand spankers, bleached ta fukk wi oyles az big az big Ada,s growler n paid a stupid price fer em. I sed "Tek them back luv, thaz bin dun!" "Oh no granddad" she replied, "This is the fashion", then sat down n started ta mek the oyles even fukkin bigger! Fukkin ell! thought ad seen it all on me first neet out in Newcastle up ere, the tash don,t even bother ta wear clobber, just fukkin underwear! Took me a month ta gerro,er it!

Comment

Working...
                X